10 Perthshire Road
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
POSITION TITLE: Residential Support Staff, Full-time, 3PM – 11PM, some holidays required.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Residential Support Staff is a member of a dynamic team of mentoring staff working with participants in our congregate shelter as they work to increase self-sufficiency and move on to stable housing. The Residential Support Staff, as part of this team, is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the Hastings House family shelter program servicing 58 women and their young children using a trauma sensitive, child centered focus orientation. Residential Support Staffs provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution and participant support as needed. They support participants as they enter and exit our program, maintain daily routines, and follow Department of Housing and Community Development and Hasting House shelter policies.
Utilizing EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring model, Residential Support Staffs work in teams with Program Mentors to support participants’ goals related to securing permanent housing, employment, education, financial security, family stability and individual well-being.
Residential Support Staffs are also responsible for maintaining a well-run, safe, and clean facility. They insure participants’ needs are met, including maintenance and food services responsibilities as needed. This position is considered an essential position during weather emergencies and critical to running our housing programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all EMPath and Department of Housing and Community Development policies and procedures.
- Facilitate communication and coordination among shifts at daily shift reports to ensure effective service delivery and smooth functioning of shift.
- Support participants as they enter and exit our program, maintain daily routines, and follow Department of Housing and Community Development and Hasting House shelter policies.
- Assist participants through problem-solving, direct support, intervention, de-escalation and mediation as necessary.
- Provide administrative and direct service support to family programming and on-going or special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Experience working with a diverse population of women and children.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Good problem solving skills in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
· Basic Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
· Bi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Education and other Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree in human services related field preferred.
· CPR and First Aid certified, or willing to be trained.
· Bi-lingual skills preferred but not required
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires walking, sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Work is performed in a homeless shelter setting. Work may be stressful at times. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and participants.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the following link: