The mission of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is to eliminate food waste while feeding the hungry. RLC helps companies reduce food waste by bringing leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens. RLC is looking for a paid, long-term Recruitment Director to recruit volunteers for this cause.
The Recruitment Director will reach out to potential volunteers to recruit volunteers to rescue food from RLC partner restaurants and bring that food to the hungry at local RLC partner agencies. The goal for the Volunteer Recruitment Manger will be at least 1 Rescuer Associate per week. Rescuer Associates are individuals who volunteer with RLC for 10 pickups per week. The Recruitment Director position is a full-time job opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the end-to-end process of onboarding new Rescuer Associates including: reaching out to potential rescuers, follow up with them throughout the onboarding process, grading the training quiz, and attending volunteer food rescue events with potential lead rescuers.
- Recruiting volunteers
- Update volunteer opportunity postings on different websites.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries received by phone and email.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative skills and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and Salesforce
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
Minimum Education Required