810 3rd Avenue
Group Health Foundation, a groundbreaking 501(c)(4) philanthropic organization committed to shaping and accelerating efforts to improve health and health equity in the State of Washington, seeks an Accounting Manager to join our growing team.
Fueled by Group Health Cooperative’s legacy and $1.8 billion in funds resulting from the acquisition of the Cooperative by Kaiser Permanente, we have an audacious goal: health equity in Washington State. We are committed to creating and supporting conditions where people of all communities, especially those experiencing social and economic injustice, can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We are dedicated to partnering with communities across the state to advance a shared vision for a vibrant, healthy future.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive staff and board of directors is essential to our work. Applicants who represent the broad range of diversity and lived experiences in our communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about our work and values, please visit our website.
The Accounting Manager reports to the Director, Finance and Administration and works closely with all departments and team members to achieve organizational goals. This position requires proactive interaction across the organization as well as precise, detailed, hands-on work. The Accounting Manager leads all day-to-day accounting functions and produces financial information in an accurate and timely manner. The person in this role will have the opportunity to create and shape policies and will have end-to-end ownership of the accounting systems in our dynamic and growing organization. The role will include supervision of staff in the future.
This is a full-time, exempt position located at our office in Seattle.
· Maintain the general ledger, including month-end account reconciliations and closing, and preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
· Assist with cash flow management, including bank reconciliations, cash requirements, and monthly investment activities.
· Manage intercompany transactions between our 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) corporations.
· Manage accounts payable and ensure accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices.
· Process payroll including final review of approved timecards for accuracy and posting activity to general ledger. Process 401(k) contributions.
· Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting by payroll company, including ESD, L&I, and 941.
· Ensure accurate and timely monthly B&O tax filings.
· Assist with budgeting, audits, and IRS returns.
· Coordinate efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and management of employee data.
· Strong alignment with our organizational values
· Desire to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives
· At least five years of full-cycle accounting experience with increasing responsibilities
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other relevant field, or equivalent employment and learning experiences
· Current CPA license in Washington strongly preferred
· Prior experience supervising others
· Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities
· Ability to be self-directed and see projects to completion in a timely manner
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service orientation
· Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
· Payroll processing experience preferred plus
· Prior 501(c)(3) and/or 501(c)(4) nonprofit accounting experience a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (or similar software package)
· High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe (Acrobat DC)
In addition to a positive and flexible work culture, we attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with a competitive and equitable compensation package. Salary ranges are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each position. The anticipated starting salary range for this position is $90-115K. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision for the employee and dependent children (covered at 90%), a 10% retirement contribution, generous and flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, a fully subsidized transit pass, and support for professional development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your specific interests through our applicant portal. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your application once you submit your materials. We will also send regular updates while the search process is underway.
We will review applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, with priority given to applications submitted by March 12, 2018. Until the position is filled, all applications will be accepted and reviewed. If the position is visible on our website, it remains open.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of Group Health Foundation!