Position Title: Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced manager-level employee who has led operations within non-profit, education, governmental or other complex organizations. The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing, organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. In addition, this person will be responsible for directly managing the volunteer staff.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that staff are ready and able to work by managing the effectiveness and efficiency of support services such as technology, facilities and office operations
- Provide assistance in the day-to-day implementation of all operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the procurement of goods and services policy and grant requirements.
- Assist with management of the local area network computer system and related IT needs.
- Ensure all contracts and service agreements are executed and complied.
- Supervise AARP and Career Source paid volunteers. Monitor and assign clerical and related functions to respond to immediate needs and priorities.
- Ensure there is compliance all insurance requirements and bonding for all OLCDC and its subsidiaries.
- Maintain an efficient electronic filing system
- Use appropriate professional judgment to keep abreast of any changes, issues, or concerns that may impact daily activities and/or schedules
- Coordinate resources across the organization, including ordering office supplies, managing office facilities and office calendar.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance of properties, including fire inspections, elevator inspections, alarm systems, etc.
- Coordinate the cleaning of facilities and office space through a cleaning company
- Create, maintain, and promote a clean workplace.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to executives, including calendar and communications management, travel arrangements, and managing logistics and administrative needs for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- Work with a budget and submit expense reports for the department, generate communications and processes documents. Maintains files and records for areas of responsibility as needed.
- Coordinate event planning and catering as needed for meetings of any group size.
- Answer inquiries and/or referring callers/visitors to the appropriate person/department
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Operations role; however, extensive experience may be substituted for a college degree
- Knowledge of office management procedures and practices.
- Excellent in computer system operations, typing and using other office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to form relationships and work with diverse staff, collaborators and the general public.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and a “can-do” attitude are musts.