Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Director’s role is to promote Spence-Chapin programs and services, and to increase public awareness of the organization brand.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for marketing and branding of the organization. The person in this role works with her/his department team as well as with Program Directors and the Development Department to promote Spence-Chapin branding, program services and events, and to supervise external messaging.
This role offers a dynamic opportunity to bring Spence-Chapin’s mission to a broader community. The Director must possess a track record of successful marketing campaigns, proven expertise in digital analytics management, social media, and digital advertising, excellent writing and editing skills, strong program management and administrative skills, and the ability to work with diverse program teams throughout an organization. The ideal applicant is an innovative marketing professional, a persuasive writer, and an effective program administrator. This person is an energetic self-starter, skilled multi-tasker, creative problem solver, and positive team player.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Work with Senior Management and Program Directors to develop and implement annual marketing strategies that promote organization program goals and services.
- Develop/Lead execution of an integrated communication strategy to increase brand awareness, support brand's mission and growth.
- Manage a team of three or more staff.
- Coordinate message delivery across various platforms simultaneously (direct mail, email marketing, site visits, and website) collaboratively with Digital Manager, Development Department, and Program staff.
- Manage website, blog, and social media content and messaging.
- Manage digital and print advertising to promote Spence-Chapin and services.
- Analyze and report website traffic through use of Google Analytics and AdWords.
- Maintain all contact with the media; including pitching stories, coordinating responses to press requests.
- Maintain CRM database to ensure proper collection of information and follow-up.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the complexities inherent in child welfare and adoption work.
- Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in area of communications and marketing,
- Seven to ten years of marketing and communications experience required.
- At least two years of direct supervisory management experience required.
- Experience promoting not-for-profit services (e.g., social services, humanitarian aid, education) and/or working for a non-profit organization strongly preferred.
- Expertise in digital analytics management, social media, and digital advertising required.
- Expertise in use of social media scheduling software such as Hootsuite required.
- Expertise in managing online advertising such as through Google Ads or Facebook ads required.
- Expertise in SEO content writing for websites and other media required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp and similar email platforms required.
- Knowledge of CRM databases a plus.
- Excellent writing skills: ability to create and edit persuasive copy for diverse audiences.
- Ability to create innovative, diverse marketing campaigns that promote organization brand and attract new clients.
- Up to date and knowledgeable on current marketing trends and strategies.
- Proven successful team management with experience managing a minimum of 3+ direct reports.
- Strong project management skills: effective organization, budget management, administration, and communication skills.
- Experience managing complex projects: able to multitask, set and balance priorities, follow through on multiple projects to efficiently meet goals and deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to tasks.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.