International Program Coordinator - France and Italy Programs
- Job posted by NorthWest Student Exchange
Responsibilities: Coordinate NWSE High School Exchange Programs from France and other countries.
Join the NWSE team and utilize your excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to work with our international team. Gain international experience and enhance your cross-cultural communication skills in a fast paced, casual, yet professional international student exchange program setting.
· Working with international partners, U.S. local coordinators, host families, students, and NWSE staff to coordinate program and achieve program objectives
· Ensuring student and host family welfare by monitoring exchanges through communication with local coordinators and program participants
· Coordinating all program components in compliance with CSIET and Department of State regulations
· Coordinating problem solving among exchange program stake holders.
· Managing client and potential client communication in a customer-friendly, helpful and professional manner
· Working with U.S. high school districts to secure admission of exchange students
· Screening students by reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and communicating with partners
· Screening host families by reviewing applications and communicating with local coordinators
· Occasional recruiting and training of local coordinators
· Coordinating health insurance and travel for program participants
· Providing students with visa application materials and information
· Communicating with overseas partners and families, providing information in a timely manner
· Assisting with contracts and formal agreements when necessary
· Collaborating with NWSE team members on team projects, such as cultural activities, host family orientations, etc. (occasional evening or weekend)
· Interviewing and orienting outbound American students
· Occasionally presenting NWSE programs at high schools
· Commitment to the goals of international student exchange and to student welfare and learning
· Experience living, studying and/or working abroad
· Strong knowledge of foreign language (solid speaking and writing skills)
· Experience working with youth and diverse groups of people
· Four-year college degree, preferably in a field with an international orientation
· Self-motivated, detail-orientated multi-tasking team member with initiative
· Ability to plan and schedule own work while assisting others
· Excellent prioritization, analytical and writing skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to complete projects to deadlines.
· Excellent customer service/interpersonal communication skills
· Ability and desire to work in an open office environment.
· Two or more years in an administrative function with customer service experience, computer skills in common word processing and office applications, database, and email, OR equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform essential responsibilities.
· Confidence and ease with working in teams and on the phone.
· Good sense of humor.
Preferred (but not required):
· Experience in program or project coordination
· Demonstrated commitment to cross-cultural education and exchanges, student learning and welfare
· Experience in coordinating exchange programs and/or international travel
Health/dental/vision and retirement
Level of Language Proficiency
English and one foreign language (French or Italian preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, references and two writing samples (one in English and one in foreign language) with subject line “International Program Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call about this position. NWSE will contact selected applicants to arrange for interviews.
Preference is given to applicants who reside in the greater Seattle area and are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
We look forward to receiving your application!
NorthWest Student Exchange is a non-profit international student exchange organization designated by the U.S. Department of State and listed with the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET). For more information, please visit our website at www.nwse.com.