3515 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
The Washington Ballet seeks to hire a Production Manager. This is a senior staff position that provides overall supervision for each area in the production department including Carpentry, Electrics, Properties, Sound, Projections & Special Effects, Hair & Make-up, Costumes, Wardrobe, Stage Management; manages the productions in current repertoire, manages the creation of new productions, oversees co-productions and the company’s production rentals. The Production Manager works closely with the General Manager in creating long and short term strategic plans, as well as the Artistic Director to maintain and develop repertoire and the integrity of The Washington Ballet’s Artistic Product. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and innovative leader with successful experience managing complex productions.
- Fine Arts Degree or Diploma in Theatre Production or comparable experience and education in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible management experience in technical and production management.
- Proficiency and experience with 2D drafting software (Vectorworks, CAD, etc.) is required.
- Prior experience in ballet/dance strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
- Strong commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
Minimum Education Required