Details: depending on experience
1012 Torney Avenue
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for the development of One World Children’s Fund’s (One World’s) financial management and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the COO will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Strategy and Leadership
- Advise the CEO, Board and other key stakeholders on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of One World’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues, with a particular insight into anticipated concerns and strategic direction.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking, vendor relations, donor relations and with program partners.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the finance and operation duties at One World, including checking mail daily, making 2-3 deposits per week, tracking all data immediately and following systems and procedures to insure all financial transactions run smoothly.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Upgrade and implement system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- coordinate, and support the annual budget process in conjunction with the CEO, Board and others.
- Lead and execute all audit and tax responsibilities in coordination with the auditors, accountants, Board, CEO and relevant committees.
- Execute timely transactions, including acknowledgement letters, communication, distributions, wire transfers and more, to all funders, donors and partners.
- Maintain excellent precise financial records in multiple complex systems and expediently reconcile all details with the accountant on a monthly basis.
- Represent the internal face and voice of One World; answer phones, emails and mail daily, providing support to a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Track all program, finance and fundraising data within data management systems, including yet not limited to QuickBooks, Salesforce, and a variety of schedules.
- Maintain, update and share the Dashboard Report to maintain monthly progress towards organization goals; suggest course of action for weak performance areas
- Ensure that One World is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering reports to the board. Provide analytical support to One World’s internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
· Annually produce a complete Annual Report with program and finance data, along with current list of donors and other relevant information; share publicly.
· Oversee all marketing efforts, including monthly newsletter, weekly social media postings and regular promotion of small to large scale fundraising or community events.
· Collect annual program data for prior year and goal setting plans for upcoming year; document and tabulate all information. Keep regular records of all documents and communication with partners.
· Onboard new program partners, including due diligence, vetting and orientation into our network.
· Support program partners in the initial set up and ongoing maintenance of their Classy online donation pages via One World’s website.
· Host and facilitate monthly community calls for One World Partners (by region) and Champions; take notes, act on all duties assigned on call and document data.
· Coordinate mentor and coaching relationships within partner network; identify and provide all systems of support feasible for partners. Support One World grantmaking process from beginning to end.
· Communicate with all donors and funders to confirm receipt of funds, answer questions, provide donation receipts and insure funding reached its intended purpose. Document all interactions.
· Successfully steward and document funder relationships through handwritten thank you notes, quarterly appreciation calls, regular email thank you’s and general customer service to all donors and funders.
· Support, document and help coordinate fundraising and community events, including donor meetings, corporate sponsorship, ticket sales and other finance/fundraising or programmatic functions.
· Write, document and submit in advance of deadline grant contracts, reports and other documents.
· Seek and establish new foundation relationships, including researching, submitting and following up on grants to new or lapsed foundations. Prospect corporate foundations, sponsorships and other funding.
· Work with individual donors to seek corporate matching gifts; submit all needed documents to do so.
Medical and dental benefits offered, 10 holiday days and generous PTO
Remote, co-working office space - MUST be able to get mail & handle finance transactions DAILY
Level of Language Proficiency
Full English fluency required; other languages (Spanish, French, Swahili) a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Emily@owcf.org.
No calls or walk ins.
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.