Associate Director of Development at the National Council of Jewish Women
- Job posted by National Council of Jewish Women
Details: Commensurate with experience
2055 L St NW
Washington, DC 20036-4206
For over a century, the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) has been at the forefront of social change, championing the needs of women, children, and families and working to safeguard individual rights and freedoms. NCJW seeks a full-time Associate Director of Development in its Washington office, reporting to the Director of Development. Applicants should possess a commitment to progressive change, racial justice, and working in a diverse environment.
The Associate Director (AD) of Development will oversee day-to-day operations of the Development Department (DD), supervising the Development Team and reporting to the Director of Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Serve as a strategic partner to the Director of Development
● Direct and supervise the development team, overseeing daily operations and acting on behalf o the Director of Development, when necessary
● Work in concert with the Associate Director, Marketing & Communication, Member Services Manager and Director of Finance
● Manage staffing needs for the department, including the training of new department personnel
● Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate gift processing, receipting, acknowledgements, pledge reminders, and other related processes
● Provide strategic input on increasing and improving effectiveness of development operations
● Manage reporting process to track progress for Finance, various committees and Board requests
● In partnership with the Director of Development, set goals for annual support
● Oversee efforts with Direct Marketing, Digital Appeals and NCJW’s marketing/communications strategies to promote the case for support; engage prospective donors; steward existing donors; utilize technology to enhance giving, and introduce industry best practices
● Lead efforts to update and create fundraising collateral and sponsorship materials in partnership with the Marketing and Communications team
● Assist in promoting a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization
● Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
● Genuine passion for and understanding of the mission of NCJW
● Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
● Minimum of 5 years of successful development experience, with increasing responsibility
● Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of fundraising and best practices in development operations, including gift administration, and relational database structure and management
● Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, identify opportunities, and take a proactive approach to project management
● Proven project management experience
● Working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge (or similar database) and understanding of best practices for data management, gift processing, receipting, acknowledgements, pledge reminders, and other related processes.
● Demonstrated ability to negotiate a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to perform well independently as well as part of a team;
● Sound judgment and the ability to exercise discretion with confidential or sensitive information
● Attention to detail and written and verbal communication
● Outstanding time management and organizational skills
● Ability and willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule as needed
Comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance and generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Associate Director, Development” to firstname.lastname@example.org
NCJW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to build a diverse staff. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NCJW. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.