Warehouse Operator:St. Lucy Food Project
- Job posted by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington
Details: Salary paid bi-weekly.
8426-8428 Kao Circle
St. Lucy Food Project Warehouse OperatOR
Staff Position: Warehouse Operations Assistant (40 hours FT)
Position Description: Primary responsibilities under tasking of Warehouse Foreman:
- This position requires a sit down fork lift certification
- Provide full warehouse coverage around warehouse foreman absences to receive or make deliveries whenever possible.
- Maintain vehicle fleet records to include safety inspection, registration renewal, and maintenance performed and coordinate projected expenses with Program Director prior to scheduling for maintenance.
- Schedule and drive vehicles to routine and required maintenance locations or direct authorized volunteers to do so for remote locations.
- Conduct safety checks prior to vehicle use. Ensure volunteers are aware of safety policies prior to using vehicles.
- Safely drive the SLP fleet of vehicles as required: 16 foot refrigerated truck, commercial van, pickup truck, and assorted vehicles.
- Receive, store, pack and distribute food to meet mission objectives.
- Develop weekly schedules and pick up food from commercial sources as part of organized food bank partner programs and distribute to St. Lucy Project (SLP) pantry network as directed.
- Enter data into report donation and distribution files, as well as warehouse logs and Food Bank data collection web sites to support and be consistent with the authorized data collection process and results.
- Support whenever possible, pricing analysis from all food sources to ensure best value for food purchases.
- Supervise and train warehouse volunteers as needed.
- Maintain stock control and management, including rotation.
- Practice site risk management, troubleshooting and resolving safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with CCDA administration.
- Maintain and operate machinery and equipment as directed.
- Maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by cleanings and removal of trash and recycling material, planning physical layouts of stock, and arranging for any needed repairs. Maintain “punch list” of repair priorities and arrange for completion within required time needed.
- Maintain warehouse in full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local agency regulatory safety, and health requirements in close coordination with warehouse foreman.
- Coordinate food transfers among CCDA SLP sites or arrange distribution to SLP pantry network.
- Travel throughout the Arlington Diocese of Virginia, consisting of 21 counties and 7 independent cities to carry out the mission. Flexible schedule with some evening and/or weekend hours are required as needed.
- Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching and treat all employees and volunteers with dignity and respect.
- Organize and manage Warehouse recycling program.
- Other duties as requested by the Warehouse Foreman or Program Director.
- Organization/time management/planning skills to include effective multi-tasking.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences; strong reasoning, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Communication skills to result in positive interactions with vendors, food donors, volunteers, parishes and community organizations to reflect Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington (CCDA) principles and values as opportunities are presented or occur.
- Ability to consider alternative courses of action and select the best one; tackle problems or issues directly and make decisions in a timely manner; exercise sound business judgment.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver's license.
- Ability to satisfy OSHA requirements in correctly and safely operating a warehouse and its equipment, such as forklift, motorized and manual pallet jacks, etc.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel; experience with Access, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or some college with equivalent work experience.
- Certified sit down fork lift operator.
- Must have 3+ years of supervisory experience. Working with volunteers is a plus.
- Training experience is required.
- Preferred candidate will have supervised or directed warehousing functions for a grocer or food service distributor.
- Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership, foodservice or route sales operations, performance management, training and development of front line personnel.
- Labor experience including loading and unloading trucks from loading docks and drive in bays, securing loads, and lifting heavy items.
- Experience loading pallets onto a truck is a must.
- Food handling health and safety requirements. Complete food safety/sanitation training within 120 days at Catholic Charities expense.
- Security of the warehouse building and its stock.
- Physical Demands:
- The employee is required to lift up to 60 pounds from a standing position. Must also be able to use such items as hand trucks, dollies, carts, pallet jacks and a forklift.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to use a computer keyboard and handle heavy boxes and pallets of food; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Required to stoop, kneel or crouch and climb a ladder.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick, holiday and pension.
Minimum Education Required