Associate Director of Financial Projects, Grants
Reports to the Director of Financial Compliance
The Associate Director of Financial Projects, Grants will serve as the point person for the financial management of all competitive and non-competitive federal, state, and local grants for Uncommon Schools. The Associate Director of Financial Projects, Grants will maintain all of the data systems necessary to secure public funds and report on their use. He/she will work closely with the members of the team to assist with team initiatives and projects, financial analysis and reporting and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes and submits public grant applications:Conducts research to identify new federal, state, and local grants.
- Understands statutory guidelines and permissible uses of funds for all public grants.
- Develops grant budgets which comply with RFP guidelines and which complement the budgets of all other public and private funding sources.
- Creates dynamic templates for each grant type.
- Manages the application process from start to finish, including coordinating requests for supporting materials and for application writers.
- Performs extensive quality control on each document.
- Ensures that all grants are submitted on time and in the manner requested.
- Works with Director of Financial Compliance and school-based Directors of Operations to track public grant revenue and expenditures:Ensures timely receipt of secured funds.
- Clearly communicates grant guidelines to schools and ensures that all funds are appropriately used and accounted for.
- Works closely with Associate Directors of Accounting to ensure that grant funds and expenses are recorded properly.
- Manages all reporting and compliance aspects of federal, state, and local grantsCompletes and submits all reports, invoices and other documentation to grant authorizers.
- Maintains calendar of grant deadlines and a detailed work plan to meet those deadlines.
- Creates comprehensive guidebook to grants, detailing application procedures and strategies, policies regarding use of funds, etc.
- Updates guidebook with new entitlements and changes to existing programs.
- Provides direct support to schools through grant audits and annual reviews.
Mentor grants Coordinator in performing day-to-day operations of managing federal grants
Conducts research required for strategic team initiatives, special projects, executive meetings, program meetings, and other special requests for Finance information. .
- Serves as a project manager and assists with special projects including but not limited to:All government, charter authorizer, and donor financial reporting requirements.
- Cross-functional project collaboration with other teams, such as real estate, development, HR etc.
- Supports Director of Finance and Senior Director of Finance on ad-hoc special projects as necessary
Reports to Director of Financial Compliance and works closely with the entire Finance team; interacts with all Home Office personnel and school based teams.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:An obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, internet research, etc.).
- Federal grants experience a plus
- Educational background:Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience:Minimum 1-3 years experience in non-profit development, accounting, or public sector finance preferred.
- Experience in K-12 public education preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website: