12 Fulton Street
The South Street Seaport Museum is seeking a highly motivated, and detail-oriented Marketing Associate who will work to develop and maintain a variety of marketing and communication materials, collateral, and platforms. This is an opportunity to assist in the advancement of one of New York’s principal cultural institutions while working alongside the the Museum staff in developing and executing creative strategies for implementing the Museum’s marketing mix.
Commitment: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: 40 hours Per Week, Monday-- Friday
Reports to: Director of Communications.
- Creating marketing materials and assets for print, social media, and web in accordance with the Seaport Museum’s brand and style guides.
- Working alongside other departments in researching, producing, and designing content for our recurring communications and marketing efforts
- Working with advertisers and partners for timely and usable submissions
- Researching industry trends and media coverage
- Performing weekly website maintenance and content updates. Experience with HTML, CSS, Wordpress, and Squarespace preferred.
- Producing and editing draft-copy, for various communication efforts.
- Developing marketing and communications campaigns and conducting market research alongside the Director of Communications.
- Maintaining and developing, personal and institution-wide, digital assets and user based asset databases, that include photographs, templates, guides, and design files.
- Adapting to change and completing various other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Acting as public face and advocate for the Seaport Museum
- Demonstrated education or relevant experience in both marketing and design.
- Experience with marketing and design tools including, adobe programs, google analytics, Facebook ads managers, and adwords.
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work independently within a strategic framework
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong PC-based computer skills
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with collaborative cloud-based tools and software (google drive/adobe cc etc)
- Experience with SEO and google adwords campaigns
- Experience with social media for small or large businesses or institutions
- Strong analytical skills with goal-oriented attitude
This is a Full time, Non-exempt position. Full benefits package.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter with “Marketing Associate” in the subject line to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
South Street Seaport Museum is an equal Opportunity Employer
Medical, Dental, Vision. 403B retirement plan. HRA
Minimum Education Required