Intrepid Museum is looking for a Part-time Visitor Services Ambassador to become a vital part of the Visitor Services team. The Visitor Services Ambassador provides the first impression and the last interaction for visiting guests. The Visitor Services Ambassador maintains and ensures each visitor receives the highest level of customer service set forth by museum practices. This position plays a vital role curating a visitor’s experience by attentively listening, expertly guiding and accurately communicating requested information.
The Visitor Services Ambassador will serve as the Museum’s leading representative by demonstrating exceptional customer service skills with a positive attitude and engaging demeanor. By displaying a confident and strong work ethic, the Ambassador will support the entire Visitor Services team as they provide a united enthusiasm for the Museum experience. Their professional and courteous actions will assist the Museum in exceeding the visitor’s expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Supports all areas of the frontline and public spaces of the museum as directed, including general admission ticketing, reception and information, exhibit flow, audio guide operations, group operations, membership and special events.
· Provides a high level of customer service by engaging guests, answering questions, resolving problems and/or referring more difficult problems to a supervisor as necessary to ensure a wonderful experience.
· Actively seeks out and engage guests in conversation, using strategies which may include inquiry, personalizing experiences and appropriate humor to provide exceptional guest experiences.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge of daily Museum exhibits, programming, membership benefits, events and operational changes.
· Communicates Museum policies and offerings; recommends museum itineraries to visitors.
· Provides facts and historical information about museum, ships, equipment, and artifacts, pointing out features of interest and answering questions.
· Clearly communicates the mission and message of the Intrepid Museum to guests.
· Ushers guests through assigned indoor or outdoor area insuring a smooth, swift flow of traffic.
· Move/position barricades and stanchions for crowd control as needed.
· Ensures safety and well-being of our Museum guests.
· Ensures cleanliness of assigned area, performing general picking up of garbage and informing supervisor of need for additional cleaning.
· Coordinate with volunteers, educators, and other Museum staff to provide the best visitor experience.
· Attend regular mandatory training sessions.
· Performing other duties as required by management
Qualified candidates will also have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One (1) year or more of related customer service experience in ticketing, crowd control, admissions and interpretation in an attraction or museum setting. Ability and comfort in speaking in public and directing individuals or groups. Ability to express ideas clearly and present information effectively to museum guests. Ability to exhibit good judgement, and be able to resolve guest issues independently. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize. Ability to follow direction and adjust to changing policies and procedures. Ability to memorize historical and technical information.Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evening and weekends.
Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
Intrepid Museum is looking for a Part-time Visitor Services Ambassador to become a vital part of the Visitor Services team. The Visitor Services Ambassador provides the first impression and the last interaction for visiting guests. The…