Details: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week
1150 Francisco Street
Organizational Description: Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) is a nonprofit organization which provides services and advocacy for residents of northeast San Francisco. Focusing on low- moderate income children, youth, families, and seniors, TEL HI creates and strengthen community bonds, provides health and wellness programs, and broadens educational and cultural experiences. With its diverse array of program services in multiple locations, TEL HI serves approximately 1000 individuals each day.
Position Description: The teen programs leader will be an afterschool position that will require a daily curriculum for clubs and activities for high school students. The teen programs leader is responsible for the development, management, and implementation of his/her own after school activities. This position will be placed at Galileo High School.
Position Requirements: BA degree preferred. Interest and experience working with underrepresented youth in San Francisco. Two years experience working with teenagers in a school and/or community-based setting. Experience in afterschool programming and facilitation with teens a plus. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Well-developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate when necessary. Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and internet based research. Report writing experience is a plus. Ability to work as a contributing team member and to work independently. DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, TB clearance required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with day-to-day operations of Teen Programs at Galileo, including registration and data entry.
· Manage the design and implementation of youth programs.
· Plan and lead drop-in and multi-class programs that are geared towards the needs of our youth.
· Establish and maintain a positive and safe environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management.
· Facilitate wellness activities including workshops and support groups for youth and parents.
· Tutor high school students in an engaging manner to build their academic skills.
· Increase visibility of program activities through flyer design, marketing, and outreach.
· Encourage involvement in program activities by building positive relationships with students and their families
· Participate in regular staff meetings and on-going training opportunities as needed.
· Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program space.
· Assist Galileo Administrators and Staff as needed.
· Support Tel-Hi’s fundraising efforts as needed.
Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English and Cantonese/Mandarin or English and Spanish encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a job-specific cover letter and resume to:
Jose Carrasco, Galileo Teen Programs Manager at email@example.com
Please, no phone calls about this position. Due to the high volume of inquiries, TEL HI will only respond to a select number of applicants who best fit our needs.