Details: 20 - 25 hours per week
439 International Blvd
The Assistant Producer will work with the Associate Producer, Hack the Hood (HTH) staff and a team of consultants to produce, prototype and test an online video "mentor matrix" library that can be used in the context of relationship-based career coaching to enhance youth knowledge about tech careers and confidence in pursuing them. This career exploration tool will lift up the successes of professionals of color for youth to see. This is a new way to engage industry in the training and mentoring of a more inclusive future workforce. The video library will be part of a larger toolkit, that includes an online curriculum, research report and white paper. The finalized toolkit will be published online and shared with the wider field of workforce development agencies, community based organizations and tech companies.
The role will include participating in a user centered design training with the wider team to co-create a design plan for the project. The Assistant Producer will be involved in all phases of the project from pre-production through post production and marketing and distribution.
Goals for the first 90 days:
- Set up and Participate in first User Centered Design Training
- Co-Create shoot schedule with Associate Producer
- Vet talent and support storyboard creation as needed
- Manage timeline for project
- Provide weekly updates to the Chief Innovation Officer and flag when any part of the timeline is getting off track.
- Develop design and presentation ideas based on design research and youth inputs
- Develop 7 -10 questions to be asked of youth participants during different stages of focus groups, using what was learned during the user centered design training.
- Support the facilitation of 4 focus groups during project.
- Write coverage on scripts
- Create prospect list with advisors, teach and research prospects
- Draft letters to potential participants
- Make phone calls to coordinate video shoots, participants, staff, etc
- Interview potential talent for project fit
- Assist with duties on and off set such as coordinating meetings, shoot logistics and follow up calls
- Collection weekly progress updates from Videographer & Producer to present to Chief Innovation Officer
- Escalate matters to Chief Innovation Officer if the timeline is off track or deliverables for the project are not being met, or if there are any other barriers to meeting project deadlines.
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly project meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of experience in digital storytelling and or video production
- Knowledge of production techniques and editing practice
- Ability to think creatively and “outside the box”
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently and manage multiple projects
- Can work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Good writing and communication skills
- Alignment with Hack the Hood's mission and values
- Strong personal integrity, maturity, credibility
- Experience working within communities of color and youth
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, portfolio link (optional) and references to email@example.com with Jobs: Assistant Producer in the subject line.