Details: Commensurate with experience
7 Palmer St.
We are seeking a dynamic and hands-on Grants Accountant who is excited to join a small operations team delivering a large impact in making enriching educational opportunities available to Boston Public Schools. The Accountant works closely with school leaders and program managers to support the implementation, management and accounting of private-funded school-based instructional programs.
The Grants Accountant will review and process grants’ disbursements and support the administrative operations of programs (including payroll.) This position will work in close collaboration with program managers to track budgets and produce reports. He/She will also perform and supervise accounting tasks for program reporting. This position is comfortable with the use of grants management and accounting software.
1.Monitor revenue in our bank accounts and post related entries (approx. 25/week.)
2.Review grant payments as requested by program managers (approx. 100/week.)
3.Oversee funds’ activities and balances.
4.Produce accounting reports for internal, tax and audit purposes.
5.Ensure that payments and operations are processed in accordance with our Accounting Policies.
1.Act a point of contact for schools with BEDF in regard to our fiscal services.
2.Oversee independent contractors’ agreements and compliance.
3.Recommend and implement internal controls and procedures.
4.Collaborate in capacity-building projects and other related activities to improve the effectiveness of the organization’s work.
5.Perform all payroll tasks, including reporting to authorities using payroll software, oversee benefits administration for ten full time staff and communications to part time employees.
1.Monitor program budgets, spending and communicate with program managers and administrators as needed.
2.Collaborate in the upgrades of our grants management system and its interface to our accounting software.
3.Produce grant reporting for internal reviews; support the full grant reporting process to external funders.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, results-oriented and entrepreneurial environment. A successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in accounting, business, or related field.
* At least three years of progressive accounting, grants or financial operations experience, preferably in the education or non-profit sector.
* Master knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
* Working knowledge of accounting software, i.e. Quickbooks or Sage 50. Quickbooks online is preferred.
* Ability to read and implement accounting and grant policies.
* Strong analytic, planning skills, keen attention to details.
* High level of personal responsibility, initiative, and motivation with strong organizational skills, ability to move projects forward and be persistent.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly in translating grant information into easy-to-interpret actionable reports, guidance documents, presentations, and findings.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, aptitude for working with a wide range of individuals
Health, dental and life insurance, MBTA pass, paid leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject line "Grants Accountant" to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates we select to move forward in the interview process. No phone calls please.