Essential Job Functions
Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission of documents, proposals and reports: Maintain donor files, including electronic files through Raiser's Edge Database. Track all deadlines for proposals and reports to ensure that every grant request and report is completed and submitted on time. Meet with Executive and Development Directors regularly to discuss upcoming deadlines. Collect and manage information relevant to grants and reports.
Develop, write and submit grant proposals: Support achievement of the organization’s revenue needs through superb grant writing for proposals, reports, and letters. Write and submit sponsorship requests as needed.
Donor Stewardship: Oversee donor stewardship, creating engaging touchpoints for current donors.
Research and identify grant-making agencies and appropriate funding opportunities: Work with the Development Director and external relations associate to conduct prospect research to identify new funding opportunities to support the organization’s revenue needs.
Database Management: Ensure data integrity for Milwaukee constituents in the Raiser’s Edge. Create and pull queries, exports and mailing lists from Raiser’s Edge.
Development Team Support: Support the Development and Executive Directors in their work with partner relationship building. Maintain communication, as directed, with organizational donors (specifically foundation and corporate donors) as well as with prospective donors. Provide written materials necessary for donor stewardship. Organize or assist with the organization of donor site visits. Assist with, and provide support for, fundraising events.
Research data on populations served including needs, trends and other resources in the area: Work with the Program Team and National Research and Evaluation team to develop research and evidence that helps make the College Possible case and can be used to strengthen grant proposals.
Other duties as assigned.
Professional Requirements (Skills & Qualifications)
In addition to the requirements below, College Possible staff and service members are expected to demonstrate the Idealistic Leader traits of Strive to be Delightful, Energize those in your Presence, Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Challenge Cynicism, Practice Empathy, Learn to be Grateful and Have Fun, as expressed in our organizational value statement and have a significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion.
Related Work Experience:
· 2 years or more of grant management experience, including writing proposals and reports;
· Experience interacting with corporate and/or foundation donors;
· An understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants;
· Demonstrated research skills in qualifying prospective funders.
· Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and experience working with a fundraising database;
· Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
· Exceptionally strong written communication skills, ability to write clear, structured, and persuasive proposals;
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively interpret data and reports;
· Attention to detail, including proofreading and project follow-through;
· Organization skills, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task;
· Willingness to take initiative;
· Motivated and able to work independently as well as with a team;
· Able to establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program).
Minimum Education Required