1 Whitehall Street
Duration : to be defined
Start date : ASAP
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
being responsible for the overall management of the MERIAM consortium, relationships and deliverables. Working closely with the project’s Co-Directors, Technical Advisory Group (TAG) and the Action Against Hunger Finance team, the MERIAM Research and Uptake Coordinator is responsible for overarching contract management, coordination and reporting, including: partner management, donor relations, consortium coordination, research uptake strategy (RUS) design and implementation, and all other related MERIAM activities, as they evolve over the course of the project.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Under leadership of the project Co-Directors, oversee the design, implementation, management and monitoring of the MERIAM project.
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a cost-effective RUS that facilitates the uptake of research findings by strategic decision- and policy-makers at global, regional and country levels.
- Assist the MERIAM teams in identifying decision- and policy- maker needs, though working with target audiences to assess priorities relevant to the project.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of all MERIAM project deliverables to the donor.
- Collaborate with the Action Against Hunger technical and operational teams to ensure coordination of support for MERIAM design and implementation.
- Oversee intra-consortium communications and relations with MERIAM partners, including conflict mitigation, risk assessments, and consistency of online and face-to-face interactions.
- Ensure positive relationships with the donor and Technical Advisory Group in such a way that provides two-way interaction and ample opportunities for feedback.
- Work with selected Action Against Hunger staff members to develop and implement country focused MERIAM activities, as and when appropriate, as well as the relevant communications to enable the sharing of best practices, outcomes and resources.
- Serve as spokesperson for the MERIAM Consortium towards the donor and other stakeholders.
- Support capacity building of MERIAM teams to communicate research findings effectively.
- Develop a range of products to communicate the research, considering a variety of creative communication channels, including social media.
- Establish and maintain a system of monitoring, recording and coordinating the various MERIAM activities (including research uptake) with support from the Co-Directors and Finance officers to ensure transparent and accountable ways of implementation of MERIAM activities.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated and experienced professional
- You have Master’s Degree or PhD in food security, agriculture, economics, social science, political science, humanitarian affairs, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience of advanced project management, in a full-time coordination role with an institutional advancement/development office, or similar experience in an international organization.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of international humanitarian affairs, including a solid understanding of donor policies and procedures; ability to analyze complex and sensitive material and report on it cogently to colleagues.
- You have experience with the implementation and management of nutrition surveillance, assessments and other data bases in a field position. A strong understanding of nutrition linkages to early warning is a plus.
You’re passionate about humanitarian work
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- You are a good team player.
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter through the link.