75 Charter Oak Avenue
Position Title: Data and Information Support Associate
Reports to: Director of Administration
The position is responsible for collecting data from events relating to certain projects and programs, entering data into the organization’s database, retrieving prepared reports from the database, and maintaining a calendar of all of the organization’s activities and events . The purpose of the position is to support the activities associated with the organization’s data-collection and reporting systems, and the organization’s electronic communication systems.
The outcomes of the position include:
● Accurate and timely entry of data into the electronic database from various sources;
● Extracting information from the database to meet the needs of staff from all work units;
● Assisting with scheduling events and activities associated with specific projects and programs, and
producing and maintaining an electronic calendar of events and activities.
- Gathering and organizing data from various electronic and written sources.
- Entering data into the database, accurately and completely, using an alpha-numeric keyboard and other electronic devices.
- Reviewing entries and verifying, updating or correcting the information as necessary.
- Researching the database to retrieve data and producing reports from queries to provide information to the organization’s staff.
- Researching other Internet-based sources to provide information which will supplement reports produced from the database.
- Posting scheduled events and activities, using Microsoft® Outlook, to maintain an electronic calendar for viewing by the general public as well as by the Everyday Democracy staff.
- May perform other duties related to database operations or to support the organization’s electronic information systems.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Outlook, Word, and Excel programs, and some knowledge of Access.
- Data-entry skills (using a keyboard, mouse or other electronic devices) with attention to detail.
- Organizational, proofreading, and problem-solving skills at the production level.
- Ability to learn to operate a client management database, such as CivicCRM.
- Ability to research databases, extract data, format information and produce reports.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Certified completion of a Data Processing Training Course, specifically related to Microsoft® Office Suite.
- Individuals possessing an Associates’ degree in Office Administration, or have certified completion of a program in Office Administration from an accredited business school, will qualify if they can demonstrate any of the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- At least one (1) year of experience entering data from source materials using computer hardware and Microsoft® Windows software. NOTE: Operating a terminal or touch screen designed for cash receipt or other similar specialized purpose does not qualify, nor does operating a database solely for inquiry purposes.
- Possession of an Associates’ degree in Office Administration, or completion of a certificate program in Office Administration from an accredited business school, may substitute for six (6) months of work experience.
- Works in the organization’s office.
- May involve keyboarding and other hand-related activities for much of the work time. Comments
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required