POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Financial Stability Specialist is responsible for the overall development, planning, and implementation of FACETS’ Work force Development Activities to include operations of the Career Resource Center including the tasks of job placement and career development for participants in FACETS programs. The Financial Stability Specialist is responsible for developing, establishing and maintaining the pool of employment and training partnerships to be accessible to households with children accessing Facets Programs with a focus on the Next Steps Family Programs.
• Assess program participants’ financial stability including income from all sources and earned income potential.
• Provides financial counseling to foresee and prevent financial crisis. Ensures that participants are aware of how to gain wealth through savings programs either with banking institutions or through Facets.
• Assists participants with applying for all applicable benefits and sources of income for which the household qualifies.
• Lead quarterly employment-readiness classes.
• Write or coordinate resume writing with FACETS program participants write on-line career profiles, match job skills with applicant qualifications, and refer qualified applicants to employers.
• Compile, and be readily familiar with, FACETS candidate resumes, portfolios and qualifications.
• Maintain existing organizational partnerships as well as establish new partnerships with for-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as job training programs, professional clothing programs, through coordinating meetings, and through regular written correspondence.
• Provide labor market trends and community resource information to FACETS program participants.
• Research the internet, newspapers, staffing agencies and other resources for job leads and locate jobs for FACETS program participants.
• Locate job opportunities as well as external job readiness and job-seeking events, and report information on such opportunities to program staff and program participants; maintain the FACETS Career Center.
• Research all educational and training programs and develop partnerships with training providers for scholarship opportunities.
• Coordinate informational events with representatives from corporate partners, themed on the qualities of successful job placement for long -term employment.
• Coordinate special field trips to employment-related events and destinations.
• Explain the benefits and employment support services provided by FACETS and other programs to employers, including addressing employer’s special needs.
• Advocate for FACETS candidates for employment as they apply for potential employment opportunities, serving as intermediary between potential employers, staff and program candidates.
• Conduct necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions and communicate regularly with employers that have hired FACETS program participants.
• Travels and makes home visits to meet program participants as well as works an adjusted work schedule including evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Uses automated technology including HMIS, Excel, and hard copy files to maintain, update, and report on case data, goal attainment, and outcomes in a timely manner.
• Assists in managing the FACETS FSS budget for program expenditures.
• Participates in program staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and plans; works cooperatively with staff to meet FACETS goals.
• Participates in and conducts in-service training for staff development. Actively supports FACETS’ mission oriented outcome evaluation and outcome management.
• Prepares proposals, reports, and statistics for submission to funding sources Represents FACETS in the community, in accord with Agency Mission, Vision, and Code of Ethics. .
• In partnership with the Volunteer Manager, incumbent will serve as the staff supervisor for a group of FACETS volunteers who support the Financial Stability Services team. Volunteers work remotely and assist in drafting and editing client resumes and cover letters.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with three years experience in employment services, social services, or social work.
• Requires knowledge and belief in “Housing First” and “Rapid Rehousing” philosophy and strategies.
• Knowledge of current social service, homeless, and housing issues and methods/approaches to address issues.
• Experience in job readiness/financial stability programming including program outreach and partnership building.
• Passionate about resolving homelessness and housing instability through financial stability.
• Results-oriented, highly organized
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Public speaking experience and strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to schedule and manage workload sufficiently to meet deadlines.
• Ability to use HMIS to establish and maintain case records and to facilitate data collection.
• Excellent data entry and data quality skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Ability to lift items weighing 10-20 pounds.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, good driving record, and personal car insurance.
• Must be able to drive 15 passenger van.
• Must pass criminal background and Child Protective Services background checks
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Financial Stability Specialist is responsible for the overall development, planning, and implementation of FACETS’ Work force Development Activities to include operations of the Career Resource Center…
FACETS offers medical, dental and vision insurance and covers the cost of Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Generous sick, vacation and holiday schedule.
FACETS offers medical, dental and vision insurance and covers the cost of Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Generous sick, vacation and holiday…