A grantmaking private foundation, the Mayberg Foundation seeks a detail-oriented, methodical individual to support our grant making initiatives. This will include managing the application process, tracking payments and receipting, and executing evaluations. The Grants Associate will report to the Managing Director.
Grant Application Oversight
- Screen potential new applicants for mission alignment following foundation protocols
- Assist beneficiaries in completing application, including managing the timeline
- Manage portfolio of outstanding decisions and coordinate trustee decision-making
- Work with senior staff to create decision-making tools and protocols
- Track grant making decisions, payment dates, and other pertinent details in foundation database (Foundant)
- Execute grant agreements and gift letters
- Prepare monthly payment memos and execute related data entry
- Track receipts on ongoing basis
- Prepare and execute grant evaluations to be presented to senior staff and trustees
- Research potential new partnerships and prepare needed reports
- Assist senior staff in the ongoing development of evaluation tools
Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS required
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Google applications, and ability to learn our grantmaking database program (Foundant)
- Important personal attributes include: Excellent telephone etiquette, flexibility in a fast paced environment, eagerness to learn and improve, ability to remain calm under pressure, good humor, good judgment and willingness to take risks
- Experience with Jewish communal organizations a plus
Position includes health care and retirement benefits and is eligible for annual bonuses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Amanda Mizrahi at Amanda@Mayberg.org.