Director of Jewish Student Life-Emory Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Inspire the next generation of Jewish leadership as Director of Jewish Student Life at Emory Hillel. The Director of Jewish Student Life will lead our effort to create a nourishing and supportive environment for every Jewish student. In your role, you will pioneer and realize a powerful model for student leadership on one of the most dynamic campuses in North America. In partnership with exceptional colleagues, you will ensure excellence in student-driven program initiatives, with a commitment to deepening meaning through experiential education across a variety of Hillel environments. The Director of Jewish Student Life engages in extensive professional collaboration across a four-member team and reports to the Director of Emory Hillel.
What You'll Do:
- Reimagine, design, and implement leadership development experiences for Emory Hillel, including crafting a leadership curriculum that supports student success.
- Mentor individual student leaders in pursuing program goals, including planning, marketing, and budgeting, while advocating for experiential Jewish education in the Hillel space.
- Use data to assess the impact of the work and strategically guide colleagues and students to maximize impact for the future.
- Recruit an outstanding and diverse cohort of student leaders annually.
- Serve as a thought partner with Engagement Associate and Israel Fellow to apply unified leadership principles among Engagement Interns and Israel group leaders.
- Ensure success of Hillel's core program slate.
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Identify, train, inspire, and advise student leaders and groups.
- Collaborate with students and colleagues to successfully execute programs.
- Meet with other members of the student life team to discuss the integration of Jewish experiential elements into program plans.
- Review student engagement data to assess direction of programming.
- Participate fully as a professional team member in major events throughout the year.
- Engage students in conversation in organic settings around campus to build strong one-on-one relationships.
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience. Bachelor's degree required.
- Proven success in mentorship, education, and leadership development.
- Strong base of Jewish knowledge and a background in experiential education.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Competence with social media and understanding of technology.
- A commitment to pluralism, and a comfort with your own Jewish identity journey that allows you to model the same for emerging adults.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this position is $45,000-50,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Outstanding professional development, mentorship, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel for conferences and immersive programs, particularly to Israel.
About Emory, Emory Hillel, and Atlanta
Emory University offers an exciting and well-balanced environment for Jewish life, and has become a destination for Jewish students nationwide, ranked #1 overall for Jewish students in 2017 by The Forward. A leading research university with strong programs in liberal arts, business, and the sciences, Emory also boasts a nationally ranked teaching hospital and is co-located with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is listed in the top-25 in US News and World Report among the nation's top universities and draws a prestigious base of undergraduate students from around the country.
Emory Hillel has been on campus for over 60 years and has called the beautiful Marcus Hillel Center home since 2010. Approximately 20 percent of Emory University's undergraduates are Jewish, and Hillel works with a robust network of campus partners to support the Jewish journey of this substantial population. Emory Hillel is part and parcel of Hillels of Georgia and benefits from its partnership with colleagues on campuses across the state.
Atlanta is one of the ten largest cities in the United States and the vibrant cultural and economic capital of the southeast. It is home to some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Coca Cola, Delta, Home Depot, and UPS. A fast-growing and scenic urban center, Atlanta's social calendar includes numerous nightly opportunities spread throughout its character-rich neighborhoods. Atlanta is also home to extensive opportunities in Jewish life, with a Jewish population of more than 100,000. Its diverse pluralistic Jewish community, well-supported infrastructure, and social scene offer plentiful opportunities for personal growth.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Emory Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.