3333 K Street, NW, 3rd Floor
Location: 3333 K Street NW | Washington, DC 20007
Department: Office of Information Technology
Employment Status: Regular/Full-Time/Exempt
The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. Established in 1974, LSC operates as an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation that promotes equal access to justice and provides grants for high-quality civil legal assistance. LSC currently funds 133 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation.
Basic Function: The Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for maintaining the LSC security infrastructure and tools. Reports to the Chief Information Officer. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and maintains the organization’s security architecture design.
- Creates and maintains the organization’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Ensures the security policies and processes are followed. Works with management as necessary to enforce any end-user-related security policies and processes.
- Performs the design and execution of patch management, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Provides or coordinates regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents.
- Recommends additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Maintains up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices.
- Maintains operational configurations of all in-place security solutions.
- Monitors all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Reviews logs and reports of all in-place devices and interprets the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participates in investigations of system functions to address problematic activity.
- Serves as a resource for providing help-desk service/end-user problem analysis and resolution support to staff, to help ensure staff’s ability to effectively and efficiently complete work. Includes support on all hardware and software and managing virtual meetings.
- Works with Office of Information Technology (OIT) and organizational staff to assess technology requirements and assists with implementation of upgrades and new systems.
- Performs tasks associated with the installation, troubleshooting, repair, testing, configuration, and maintenance of servers, PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones, printers, and network equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Excellent oral and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, vendors, and consultants; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; must demonstrate initiative and be an effective problem-solver; must be patient in working with clients to assess their needs and provide information or assistance to resolve their problems; committed to providing quality client service; exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality of any data or materials viewed during the course of work; adaptable and able to multi-task and adjust to shifting and changing priorities and tight deadlines; strong and effective organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail; works well independently and as a team member; works well with persons from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and working styles.
A bachelor’s degree in information systems management or related degree and a minimum of three years of cyber security experience is required, or any equivalent combination of education and experience totaling a minimum of six years. Certified Information Systems Security Professional preferred. Ability to analyze, isolate and resolve security issues. Solid ability to work with, understand and evaluate technical information. Ability to monitor security logs and interpret implications. Stays current on related technology products and services. Solid experience with Cisco, Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, networks and system design methodologies, Internet, technical documentation procedures, and Microsoft Office suite required. Solid knowledge of security tools and devices and security architecture is required. Some tasks may require the physical ability to lift/move objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $82,609 - $92,725
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. A new employee will be hired at Step 1 and must wait two years to advance to each of the next three steps (Steps 2 through 4), and one year to advance to each of the next four steps (Steps 5 through 8).
Excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly on our website at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1571 or email@example.com.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.