Public Information Assistant
536 LaGuardia Place
The Public Information Assistant is a part-time (approximately 12-18 hours per week) position that provides staffing support for the Center for Architecture’s front desk. The principal responsibility for this position is to welcome and provide basic information about AIA New York / Center for Architecture to visitors and callers. In addition to staffing the front desk and directing phone calls, the Public Information Assistant conducts event check-in procedures and provides miscellaneous administrative support.
- Data entry;
- Greeting and directing visitors;
- Providing information about programs, events, and exhibitions to visitors and callers;
- Organizing and restocking exhibition materials;
- Assisting with the setup of smaller meetings and events;
- Conducting event check-in/on-site registration, and receiving admission payments; and
- Providing administrative assistance for various projects;
- High school diploma or equivalent. Preference for students/recent graduates studying architecture, art history, museum studies or related fields.
- A friendly, customer service focused attitude.
- Museum or gallery experience a significant plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter (in the body of the email), and three references to info [at] aiany [dot] org
In your cover letter, please indicate your availability on Monday through Friday from 8am-8pm, and Saturday from 11am-5pm.
Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.