Details: The position is full-time with a six-month probationary period. This is an at-will position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
309 N. Charles Street
Overview: ARC, Inc. is seeking a Development Associate. The ideal candidate will bring strong writing skills, a strategic approach to fundraising, and a high level of attention to detail to the task of developing financial and other support for the organization’s efforts. The position is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
Advancing Real Change, Inc. (ARC, Inc.) is a not-for-profit organization based in Baltimore, Maryland dedicated to providing systematic and comprehensive life history investigations for those facing the death penalty and juveniles facing life sentences. We engage in direct casework on pre-trial, trial, and post-conviction cases, train and consult with defense teams working on capital and juvenile life cases, and participate in state and national training sessions. ARC, Inc. was founded in 2014 and currently has ten full time employees.
ARC, Inc. is committed to the following values:
- Excellence in the provision of services for indigent defendants: we consider the ABA Guidelines for Mitigation Function of Defense Team in Capital Cases to have established minimum standards for high quality representation in capital cases, and we are committed to surpassing those standards in every case;
- Client-centered and relationship-based work that respects the humanity and dignity of all involved in the criminal justice system;
- Innovation and creativity in the provision of defense services;
- The elimination of racism and other forms of discrimination in the justice system.
The primary function of the Development Associate will be to advance ongoing financial and other support for ARC, Inc. that will ensure its continued financial stability and future growth. The Development Associate will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Draft and submit applications for funding
- Conduct research regarding potential sources of funding
- Meet reporting requirements for funding received
- Maintain donor database and send donor acknowledgements
- Lead corporate outreach efforts
- Organize fundraising events
- Draft articles for email newsletter and lead online fundraising efforts
- Design promotional materials
- Provide support to relevant committees of the Board of Directors
- Assist with additional writing projects as required
- Represent ARC, Inc. at volunteer fairs, workplace giving campaigns, and other community outreach events
- Participate in the development and implementation of community-based projects
The ideal candidate must have the following experience, education, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Significant experience in the same or similar role
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, organize a diverse workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines consistently
- Knowledge of systems and processes for non-profit organizations, including operations, finance, reporting, and governance
- High integrity and strong work ethic
- An organized and precise work practice with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, databases (e.g., Salesforce), and other third-party applications
- Track record of being a team player and community-minded
- Strengths in teamwork and relationship-building
- Creativity and energy in approaching all tasks and responsibilities
Non-essential, but highly desirable
- History of involvement with indigent defense services or other human or civil rights work
- Experience producing fundraising, educational, or other outreach materials, including graphic design elements
Benefits include medical and dental insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted in writing or electronically to Erin Fiaschetti, 309 N. Charles St., Third floor, Baltimore, MD 21201 or to email@example.com. Applications should include a current CV, contact details for three references, and a cover letter that addresses the listed qualifications criteria. The position will remain open until filled.
ARC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.