1617 JFK Boulevard
Salary Range: $17-21 per hour
Business Unit: Research, Policy & Innovation
Department: Research, Policy & Innovation
Reports To: Apprenticeship Program Director
Posted: 9/21/2018 – 10/05/2018
This is a grant-funded position, connected to a grant expected to end on or about June 2020. There is also a possibility of an extension beyond June 2020. The work schedule is 20-30 hours per week. This position is responsible for supporting contracting, invoicing, and budgeting activities associated with federal and state grant funding. This position will also provide assistance with quarterly reporting and meetings.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support in the initiation, development, execution, and modification of contracts associated with grant funding. Will learn the internal Contracts Management System to track progress of the contracting process.
- Request, receive, review, and process monthly contract invoices from contracted providers. Will work with internal Contracting Unit to properly review and process contract invoices.
- Track contract budgets and expenditures based on monthly invoices from contracted providers.
- Provide support in any request for proposal (RFP) processes initiated by Philadelphia Works or a contracted provider.
- Assist in collecting and reviewing quarterly reports as required by federal and state grant requirements, including requesting and receiving reports and forms and entering data into federal and state data collection systems. Will coordinate with internal staff to access data residing in the state workforce system, CWDS. Will assess data for quality and missing items. Will retrieve any missing data or documentation.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with internal staff and contracted providers to initiate the contracting and invoicing process and/or troubleshoot any issues.
- Work with and build rapport with internal staff and contracted providers.
- Will become proficient in new software and data systems to support the project.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
At least 1 year of relevant experience or education preferably working in an office environment and/or in a contracting, accounting, or other fiscal role.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Customer service oriented
· Knowledge of or experience in contracts, accounting, budgeting, and/or other fiscal activities
· Knowledge of data entry and quality assurance practices
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Must be organized and detailed oriented
· Must be able to meet deadlines
· Must be able to work effectively with all staff, contracted providers, and management
· Must possess at least intermediate level of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have high integrity in handling confidential and sensitive data
· Ability to effectively relate to people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, government agencies, public officials, and all levels of management and staff
· Adherence to all guidelines for confidential and secure data
· Able to follow directions, work collaboratively, and then advance work individually
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Minimum Education Required