5 Vaughn Drive
The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, an operating foundation, identifies and develops leaders and institutions to meet the nation’s most critical challenges, working primarily through education. Since 1945, through its array of programs, Woodrow Wilson has been privileged to support the development of more than 27,000 leaders—teachers and scholars, leaders and business people, artists and innovators. Many Fellows from various Woodrow Wilson programs have achieved notable national or international honors and distinguished positions. A great many more continue to publish new work and receive recognition for their teaching and research.
Using the prestige of its Fellowships as well as harnessing new resources, the Foundation has created innovative programs including the Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowships to prepare exceptionally able individuals to teach math and science in high-need schools, as well as change the way they are prepared; the WW MBA in Education Leadership to prepare the next generation of school leaders; and the Woodrow Wilson Academy of Teaching and Learning, a new model of educator preparation.
The Foundation seeks a Director of Annual Giving to support its $1.9M annual fund and serve as a key member on a four-person development team.
Responsibilities include the following:
Annual Giving Management
● Design and implement annual calendar for solicitations and communications to 20,000-person donor base.
● Develop and execute fundraising appeals and customized approaches for top donors.
● Research prospects and develop briefings for President, EVP/COO, and CDO
● Engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors through phone calls and meetings
● Ensure that all gifts are acknowledged properly and in a timely manner
● Coordinate e-blast of newsletters
● Collaborate with the Vice President and Secretary on the distribution of the hard-copy newsletter and production of the annual report
● Collaborate with other members of the Development and Communications teams on the planning and production of special events
Records Management and Reporting
● Collaborate with Development Assistant to record and consistently and report on prospects, donors, alumni, gifts, and events.
● Together with Development Assistant, oversee the processing of gifts via Network4Good, Virtual Merchant, Elavon, and Blackbaud applications.
● Enter and manage constituent data for all individuals and organizations, including appeals, action updates, constituent demographics, and relationship links.
● Produce reports and assist with general analysis of data as it relates to fundraising and donor recognition.
● Create and provide queries, reports, correspondence and mailing lists from donor and prospect database, send invitations, track RSVPs
● Prepare monthly reconciliation of gift receivables in collaboration with Controller
General Office Support
● Support special events and projects as requested
● Three to five years of fundraising experience (nonprofit and/or education background helpful)
● Experience in database management (Excel required, Raiser’s Edge preferred) and Microsoft Office software; familiarity with Mailchimp a plus
● Undergraduate degree preferred
● Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of constituencies
● Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
● Cooperative attitude, willingness to learn, team approach
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX employer. The Foundation is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants, without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or status as a Vietnam-era veteran.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for the above-mentioned position, please send a letter of interest including salary requirements and a résumé to Jane Foran, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please generate all documents in MS Word or a converted .pdf file. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Learn more about the Foundation by visiting www.woodrow.org.