301 N Main St, Suite 300
The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF) is a collegial and energetic organization that is dedicated to creating positive community change in Washtenaw County. Founded in 1963, AAACF is the seventh largest among the 65 community foundations in Michigan. At present, AAACF administers over 550 charitable funds - most of which are permanently endowed - and assets of $130 million. AAACF is staffed by 11 employees who work to fulfill the organization’s philanthropic mission. To learn more, visit www.aaacf.org. AAACF is an equal opportunity employer.
The Staff Accountant is a part-time position responsible for day-to-day accounting and control tasks of the Foundation’s financial operations, as well as management of the Foundation’s financial systems. The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The annual salary for the position is $30,000 for three days per week, with commensurate additional pay during peak periods when more time is required. In addition to salary, benefits include health insurance, a 403(b) plan with contribution matching, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, flexible and childcare savings accounts, paid time off, and other benefits.
Daily or Weekly
- Posts all gifts and pledges received by the Foundation on a timely and accurate basis, including non-cash gifts, in coordination with the Gift and Records Coordinator
- Posts and issues payment of grants and accounts payable on a timely and accurate basis, in coordination with several other staff
- Monitors bank balances and sets up wire transfers for CFO execution
- Administers financial systems, including implementing and supervising proper controls and security measures
- Monitors and enforces internal financial controls
Monthly, Quarterly, or Seasonally
- Processes bimonthly payroll
- Supports the CFO’s work with AAACF’s outsourced finance service, which performs AAACF’s month-end and year-end financial closings, and produces seasonal audit and tax reports
- Completes the automated batch process for generating quarterly online financial reports for all charitable funds
- Monitors accounts receivable (pledges, service fees, and loan re-payment receipts) in coordination with other staff
- Prepares financial information for other purposes (such as regulatory requirements, grant reports, and requests from agencies with funds at AAACF) in coordination with other staff and the outsourced finance service
- Attends Investment & Finance Committee and Audit Committees meetings
- Supports the CFO’s establishment and implementation of new or updated internal controls
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO
● A minimum of five years of relevant experience, with a hands-on track record for the duties described above
● Bachelor’s degree is required
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Experience in constantly prioritizing a wide range of demands and following tasks through to completion.
● Strong interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
● Nonprofit finance experience is a strong plus
● High level of hands-on experience and skill with MS Office (particularly Excel); high level of hands-on experience with finance systems.
● Highly detail-oriented
● A can-do, hands-on spirit and an ability to laugh at oneself
● A positive, service-oriented attitude.
● A passion for improving an institution’s internal efficiency and effectiveness.
● A team-oriented mindset coupled with the ability to work independently.
● A deep interest in and commitment to the mission of AAACF
To Apply for This Position
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should be addressed to Jamie Hunter, CFO & VP - Operations. The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 27, 2018. You may direct questions about this job opening to Jamie Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should be addressed to Jamie Hunter, CFO & VP - Operations.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 27, 2018.
You may direct questions about this job opening to Jamie Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).