184 Dudley Street
Madison Park Development Corporation (MPDC) is looking for a dedicated, hardworking and highly competent Communications Manager to join our team. The Communications Manager has primary responsibility supporting all internal and external communications, print and digital marketing, social media, website marketing, event marketing, public relations and related activities across the entire organization. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Programs.
- Design and execute a year-round communications strategy that compellingly articulates the mission, work, and impact of MPDC to our residents, community partners, donors, and other external stakeholders.
- Develop deep knowledge about issues around affordable housing, and other related topics along with MPDC’s work and impact.
- Support the daily execution of MPDC’s visibility through our website, e-marketing, social media platforms and public relations efforts.
- Manage MPDC’s social media platforms, regularly posting and engaging to grow our audience.
- Work with staff to continually refresh the content and improve the visual presentation on MPDC’s website, ensuring the site always contains accurate, current and engaging content.
- Plan, write and edit all content for e-newsletters and e-blasts and public relations/media outreach efforts (press releases, pitches, media plans).
- Create and maintain key relationships with media, proactively pitch stories to media outlets, and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
- Manage relationships with key vendors for videography, photography, graphic design, web design, and printing.
- Provide monthly reports on communications activities through data analysis to board members and senior staff.
- Support development event communications, including event branding and collateral material for annual and special fundraising campaigns.
- Attend, participate and support organization events, as necessary.
- Support special projects, programs, and organizational initiatives under the direction of the Vice President of Programs.
- Test and analyze the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field, along with 3-5 years of experience in a PR or Communications role.
- Must be proficient in HTML, with web content management experience using WordPress
- Must demonstrate a proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Experience with HootSuite and social media platforms
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills; knows how to craft and tell stories
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, community partners, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Experience managing outside vendors and consultants
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Experience developing communications plan that makes best use of limited resources to achieve goals
Founded in 1966, Madison Park Development Corporation’s mission is to foster a vibrant, healthy Roxbury neighborhood that supports the well-being and advancement of the community. Our multifaceted approach to community building is realized through three departments: 1) real estate development, which produces and preserves affordable housing for low income families; 2) community action, which builds community cohesion through health and wellness initiatives, violence prevention, civic engagement and resident leadership; and, 3) Hibernian Hall, our arts and culture department, which nurtures the arts in Roxbury by presenting high quality theater, dance, music, film and spoken word.
Visit our website at www.madison-park.org for more information.
Benefits and compensation:
Salary range is $60,000-$70,000 annually. We offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required