Details: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience
88 Pine Street
About Children’s Rights
Every day, children are harmed by America’s broken child welfare, juvenile justice, education, and healthcare systems. Through relentless strategic advocacy and legal action, we hold governments accountable for keeping kids safe and healthy. Children’s Rights has made a lasting impact, protecting hundreds of thousands of vulnerable children and we are poised to help millions more.
Join a collaborative, energetic, optimistic, creative and hardworking team dedicated to fighting for the rights of vulnerable children in America’s broken foster care, immigration, juvenile justice and education systems. Simply put, by joining the Children’s Rights team you will be a key player in reforming one of the most urgent social inequities of our time.
Children’s Rights seeks a mature, collaborative, energetic, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial fundraising professional to help lead the growth of our individual giving program. You must be a ‘people person’ who is fulfilled and invigorated by working alongside others in support of a shared goal – to help children be safe and healthy while in Government care across the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the successful candidate will play a critical role in building the organization’s individual giving program as part of a dynamic, collaborative, and ambitious development team. You will work with an Executive Director and Development Director with excellent fundraising abilities, and be strengthened by a financially supportive Board of Directors. In the small Development Department your skills will be celebrated, your challenges will be shared among us and your successes will join ours to drive the mission forward.
The ideal candidate has experience with frontline fundraising and donor stewardship; possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills; enjoys building and stewarding donor relationships through creative practices; demonstrates success managing multiple high-level projects in a deadline-driven environment; is systematic, detail-oriented, decisive, accurate, and a quick learner; is a strong, persuasive writer also skilled at verbal communication; is very familiar with Raiser’s Edge; is motivated, proactive, a self-starter; is and has strong management skills.
This position will be the sole management level position overseeing two junior staff members: a database/donor relations assistant and an administrative assistant. The department also engages a consulting grant writer and a project-based development consultant.
· Manage fund and appeal mailings, creating and implementing an annual schedule of solicitation mailings throughout the fiscal year.
· Spearhead fundraising event planning for small and mid-sized events.
· Assist with coordinating donor outreach for the annual Gala.
· Manage fundraising councils and committees.
· Implement stewardship programs for small and mid-level donors and members.
· Assist with the development of compelling solicitation materials, including solicitation letters and proposals.
· Work with the Development team to prepare program reports for donors.
· Track and report on donor activity using fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge).
· Interface with the finance department.
· Execute special projects as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit fundraising.
· Experience working with individual donors, including experience creating solicitation letters, program report letters/emails and other donor materials.
· Superior ability to establish genuine congenial, mutually-beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to think creatively and strategically and act decisively, exercising judgment in sensitive situations.
· Superior presentation and writing skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail; quick and responsive; and a self-starter comfortable leading and taking initiative.
· Proven experience meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations, managing complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
· Availability for occasional nights and weekends for donor events.
Children's Rights offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, 401k with employer match and PTO.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to HR@childrensrights.org with “Manager of Individual Giving” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of submissions, only applicants of interest will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Children's Rights is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQI and gender non-conforming people.