5101 16th Street, NW
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Affordable Housing Development, the Project Associate will be part of the Housing Up Development team, assisting with organization and management of multiple real estate development projects, partnership deals, and potentially some asset management functions.
· Engaging in all activities to support the development activities of Housing Up Development Team related to Housing Development and Asset Management activities including:
· Conducting Feasibility studies including zoning analysis, proforma analysis, market and demographic research
· Maintaining project schedules and obtaining updates and reports from team members to keep up to date
· Tracking development project budgets and schedules, and processing requisitions for payment
· Prepare periodic reports for supporters, other staff, and board members regarding pipeline and active projects
· Assist in the production of a variety of proposals and applications. Work may include the preparation of applications for project funding, including pre-development, construction, and permanent financing and submit related applications and documentation as required by lenders/funders
· Organization of project files, closing documents, etc.
· Developing databases, (in collaboration with the team) for financing, property acquisitions, funding sources
· Assist with financial closings, due diligence, monitoring progress and checklists, and assuring timely completion of all steps required for a successful transaction and handling related post-closing obligations
· Assist in tracking and/or obtaining a variety of permits, approvals, and funding
· Directing vendors, contractors, and sub-contractors to assure timely execution and quality work (in collaboration with team-members)
· Provide daily and weekly status of work and maintain high level of communication with Director of Affordable Housing Development
· Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the Housing Up Development Team
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree in Urban Planning, R.E. Development, related field, or equivalent experience desired
· Background in community organizing and coalition building desirable
· Related experience in a mission driven or advocacy organization, for-profit real estate development company, or as a paralegal for a real estate law firm
· Demonstrated interpersonal and technical skills to include proficiency with excel spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software (i.e., Microsoft Office).
· Strong written and oral communication skills and Ability to work with others.
<img src="//:0" height="8" width="816">
Housing Up offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance and a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to
with “Housing Services Coordinator” in the subject line. To learn more about us, please visit www.housingup.org.