2 Oliver Street
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Development and Communications Director, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other members of the Senior Staff, is responsible for securing and maintaining public and private funding through grant proposals and reports and for raising unrestricted revenue from corporations and individuals. The Director also oversees the PIC’s marketing and communications efforts, including the annual report, websites, media relations, social media, and other vehicles. The Director works with and supervises a Development and Communications Specialist who is responsible for the PIC’s social media presence.
Fund Development: Oversee the implementation of a successful fundraising strategy to support organizational and project development needs, including:
- Support the Executive Director’s immediate and long-term revenue strategy to sustain and grow the organization.
- Build relationships with local, regional, and national funders.
- Manage the grant application and reporting processes for grants and contracts.
- Research new public and private funding opportunities for PIC initiatives.
- Execute corporate contributions campaign to raise $400,000+ annually in unrestricted revenue.
- Develop an individual giving strategy, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board.
- Engage local partners to identify and create collective grant proposals.
- Collaborate with senior staff members to identify new program opportunities.
- Work closely with the Finance Director and Executive Director on budget creation and reconciliation of monthly financials.
Communications: Oversee the implementation of an effective communication strategy to raise awareness of the organization’s impact and cultivate support, including:
- Lead production of the annual report, including developing concept and timeline, writing text, and working with photographer, designer, and PIC staff.
- Develop compelling marketing materials for a variety of audiences (digital newsletters, brochures, one-sheets, event invitations, etc.).
- Oversee the design and production of research reports and presentations.
- Oversee the organization’s websites and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Measure the effectiveness of communications efforts, establishing benchmarks and using analytics to inform decisions.
- Participate in the planning of events throughout the year, including the PIC annual meeting, summer jobs employer reception, and holiday party.
- At least seven years of experience and success raising revenue from foundations, corporations, public entities, and individual donors.
- Substantial experience in communications and marketing.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience managing grants (applications, reporting, stewardship), with a proven track record of securing grants from corporate and foundation funders.
- Experience with website, annual report, and email newsletter production and message development.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write with clarity, accuracy, Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including the ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Experience working in a collaborative organization with various internal and external stakeholders, balancing competing demands for time and priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with WordPress, Craft CMS, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) preferred.
- Interest in education and workforce development initiatives in Boston.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Health and Dental Insurance; Vacation, Sick, and Personal Leave; Life Insurance; Disability Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; 403B plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Karen Escarcha at email@example.com by Friday, August 17. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, as we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.