The Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA), established in 1991, is a private, nonprofit organization that serves as the state commission on community service. Through service and volunteerism MSA builds a stronger social fabric in our communities across the Commonwealth. We are committed to increasing the number of people engaged in meaningful volunteer and corps-based opportunities across Massachusetts that are both fulfilling for the volunteers and that meet critical needs in our community.
As a dedicated partner to community organizations throughout Massachusetts, we are attuned to critical areas of need—from education and workforce development to health and the environment—and utilize volunteerism and service to address those needs in order to make our Commonwealth stronger.
The Massachusetts Service Alliance is committed to a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment. We carry these beliefs into our grantmaking, recruitment and support of board and staff, and how we support the service and volunteerism field in Massachusetts. We care passionately about service and volunteerism and our employees. For more information, visit www.mass-service.org.
Job Description Summary: The AmeriCorps Program Officer is responsible for the selection, support, training, monitoring, and reporting of a portfolio of 8-12 MSA-funded organizations that operate AmeriCorps programs. The AmeriCorps Program Officer reports to the Director of AmeriCorps and is part of a team of AmeriCorps Program Officers who are responsible for offering clear, consistent, and timely support to all MSA AmeriCorps programs.
What you’ll do:
· You will manage a portfolio of AmeriCorps programs as a member of the AmeriCorps program team.
· You will ensure high-quality program management practices by collaborating with colleagues to identify needs and provide responsive coaching and support which may be provided during grantee meetings and orientations (held virtually and in-person) via phone, or on-site as requested.
· You will monitor grantee progress through regular check-in calls, reviewing progress reports, conducting monitoring activities, and other means.
· You will recommend and support implementation of corrective action for programs found to be out of compliance with state, federal, or Massachusetts Service Alliance regulations and requirements.
· You will participate in the grant selection process and follow up activities with applicants.
· You will support grantees in responding to federal updates, changes, and requests by the AmeriCorps Agency that occur during the grant cycle.
· You will assist with reporting to stakeholders such as the AmeriCorps Agency, the Governor’s Office, and the state legislature.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people to join our team who are collaborative and have a strong customer service orientation and commitment to quality and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a mix of some of the experience and qualities listed below and a willingness to learn and grow in areas where they have less experience.
· Strong demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of service and volunteerism.
· Three to five years of experience in direct service, program management or development, and/or grants management, particularly within the AmeriCorps network.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive relationships with diverse individuals and organizations to achieve common goals.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize when necessary.
· Strong attention to detail, consistency, and follow-through.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative - both independently and in a team setting.
· Proven capacity to initiate problem solving and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technology platforms quickly and efficiently.
· Ability to interpret and clearly communicate complex information clearly in both writing and verbally.
· Comfort with presenting in front of a large group, both in person and virtually.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Massachusetts and nationally once or twice a year.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
What You’ll Gain:
· Experience in grantmaking processes and management of government grants
· Knowledge of the non-profit sector in Massachusetts
· Knowledge of federal grant management, compliance, and reporting standards
· Deep understanding of policies related to AmeriCorps program management
· Experience working with Salesforce
The Massachusetts Service Alliance is committed to hiring practices that support the values of a diverse workplace and reflect the composition of the Massachusetts communities it serves. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. MSA does not discriminate against any employees or job applicants on the basis of any legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Reasonable accommodations available upon request.
The Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA), established in 1991, is a private, nonprofit organization that serves as the state commission on community service. Through service and volunteerism MSA builds a stronger social fabric in…
Comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and 401K with employer match. Professional development and training provided to support learning and continuous improvement such as annual AmeriCorps conferences, trainings through America’s Service Commissions (ASC), and compliance training.
Comprehensive benefit package including health and dental insurance and 401K with employer match. Professional development and training provided to support learning and…
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include “AmeriCorps Program Officer” in the subject heading and include how you learned about the job opportunity in your cover letter.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Massachusetts Service Alliance is a proud Employer of National Service. Currently, half of our staff are AmeriCorps, Commonwealth Corps, and Peace Corps alumni. Individuals with service experience, such as Commonwealth Corps and AmeriCorps alumni, are highly encouraged to apply. For more information about the Massachusetts Service Alliance, please visit www.mass-service.org.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include “AmeriCorps Program Officer” in the subject heading and include how you learned about the…