The Development Officer, Foundations takes the lead on the strategy and system of finding, cultivating, soliciting and thanking foundations, as well as any public funding sources that become available. The Development Officer achieves annual fundraising targets by strengthening existing relationships with foundation partners and by creating new ones.
Reports to: Director, Partnerships
- Understands the organizational Statement of Faith.
- High integrity that builds trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in project management and the ability to take direction, creatively problem-solve, and meet a variety of deadlines with excellence.
- A working knowledge/understanding of and preferred experience in fundraising/sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and a genuine desire to engage deeply with supporters from a diversity of backgrounds.
- High level attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Experience in grant writing and working with foundations.
- Passion for the mission of The Bowery Mission and compassion for those experiencing homelessness and poverty in NYC.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent customer database.
- Experience supervising staff.
Minimum Education Required