Finance & HR Manager Position Description
Green Our Planet seeks a Finance & HR Manager (FHRM) to oversee financial and HR activities.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the FHRM leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and grants administration. Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), adhere to grants management standards, and result in flawless audits. The FHRM is also responsible for benefits administration, new-hire onboarding, staff policy development, coordination of training and general staff well-being and other HR related functions.
- Manage the creation, improvement and implementation of financial policies and procedures for the organization in line with nonprofit and customer requirements.
- Oversee the routine generation of timely and accurate internal and external financial reports, including monthly and annual financial statements.
- Provide financial analyses, reports and forecasts to management.
- Advise management in financial decision-making and systems development and improvement.
- Oversee the accuracy of the organizational accounting records and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Establish and monitor adequate internal controls.
- Monitor security of organization’s financial assets.
- Supervise month-end closings and bank reconciliations.
- Review/prepare project awards and subaward documents and budgets as needed.
- Lead the annual budget preparation process.
- Manage the employee expense reports review process.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit and tax returns.
- Ensure timely production, and support review of, project invoices.
- Work with staff as appropriate in achieving financial management goals.
- Oversee recruitment, selection and the onboarding process
- Manage Green Our Planet’s appraisal system and conducting appraisal meetings
- Ensuring that a company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Monitor various aspects of an employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave
- Assess the need for training and then design and implement training programs accordingly
- Handle any disciplinary processes and formal grievances
- Set and review pay structures and employee perks and benefits
- Prepare the bi-weekly payroll and payments for staff salaries and/or allowances in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and paid.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made a significant impact. The successful candidate will partner with the Co-CEOs and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, accounting, or other appropriate discipline.
- Strong knowledge of: general ledger, banking, job cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and nonprofit taxes and registrations.
- Proficient in the use of financial software programs (Quickbooks) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and balance day-to-day tasks with strategic, long-term goals and timelines.
- Adept at presenting complex financial information in a clear manner to board members, senior management, staff members and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate diplomatically in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Passionate about Green Our Planet’s mission and be able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of Green Our Planet to external and internal stakeholders.