This position will support the Development Team in the execution of various fundraising core strategies and maintain development operations. Salary range is $60k to $75k a year. This position is under the supervision of the Director of Development.
Current Core Fundraising Strategies:
- The LGBTQ+ Bar’s Annual Lavender Law® Conference and Career Fair
- Out and Proud Corporate Counsel award receptions
- Individual Giving Program
- Foundation fundraising
- Smaller seasonal cultivation events
- Maintain donor database and track all communications;
- Elaborate on the existing membership model to attract new and lapsed members;
- Collaborate on monthly and annual reports;
- Stay on top of advancements and changes that are pertinent to raising money within the nonprofit sphere.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of development best practices;
- Experience in major gifts, online fundraising campaigns, annual funds, corporate and foundation giving, direct mail, and planned giving (experience with individual giving strongly preferred);
- Track record as an effective communicator adept at crafting proposals, donor correspondence, and other kinds of materials;
- A genuine interest in the LGBTQ+ Bar’s mission and assisting the LGBTQ+ community;
- Demonstrated experience working in a hands-on environment with limited resources as well as thriving in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment;
- We seek a “roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed” kind of team-player.
- At least three years of experience in a similar role in a $1 – $3M/year nonprofit or for-profit business dealing with individuals, foundations, and/or corporations.
- Master’s degree or Juris Doctor desired
Details at a glance:
- Office located in downtown Washington, DC. Remote work is possible but not preferred.
- Full Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required
- Start date in September or October 2021
How to Apply:
- Email your resumé with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email.