DBT Coach/Case Manager ($54K)-bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Job posted by First Place for Youth
Details: DOE ($54,422)
426 17th street, Suite 100
TITLE: Youth Advocate/Youth Transitions Partnership (YTP) Coach
REPORTS TO: Clinical Manager - YTP
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, some evenings and weekends as is required by supervisor
YTP serves Alameda County youth at three engagement points: 1) adolescents who entered foster care at ages 14-17 2) young adults aging out of foster care; and 3) homeless youth/young adults with foster care histories up to age 21. The YTP Coach assess youth needs, provide skills coaching and intensive case management services, and coordinate services in the community that are intended to address outcomes in the four areas education/employment, housing, social/emotional wellbeing, and permanent connections.
The YTP Coach will be intensively trained in the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) model and facilitate weekly skills groups and coaching for YTP participants. The YTP Coach builds relationships and facilitates a team-based approach among all the organizations and staff who are engaged in the youth's support team.
• Facilitates weekly DBT skills groups and provides DBT coaching.
• Provides direct support, coaching, mentoring and intervention to increase youth self-sufficiency and goal attainment through weekly case management meetings with youth.
• Coordinates youth support team of service providers, family, and other natural supports to ensure youth have necessary resource and supports to address needs.
• Provides clinical leadership to multi-disciplinary teams consisting of youth, family and other natural supporters, county case managers, and external partners to ensure seamless and effective service delivery.
• Master's Degree in Social Welfare, Psychology, or equivalent
• Must be eligible to register with BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
• Experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and certification.
• Must be comfortable working in community settings.
• Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background check
Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience ($54,422)
• Generous paid vacation and holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
• Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
• 401 (k) Retirement plan
• LTD and Flex Spending Account
About First Place for Youth:
First Place provides youth with access to safe, affordable housing, intensive case management, individualized education and employment support, job development and a rigorous school-to-career program. Our programs consistently produce high outcomes: when compared to the general population of former foster youth, First Place participants are eight times less likely to experience homelessness, twice as likely to graduate from high school, nine times more likely to enroll in college, and three times as likely to be employed. In Fiscal Year 2012, First Place served more than 2,000 youth in five California counties and has experienced a 70 percent growth in the last four years.
To learn more about First Place for Youth feel free to visit our website: www.firstplaceforyouth.org
Minimum Education Required