45 Wadsworth Avenue
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 1979. NMIC has grown into a leading multi-service agency with over 100 staff members serving New York City with a focus on upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures. Integration is the cornerstone of NMIC’s programs and our staff can identify and address a broad array of immediate needs through comprehensive crisis intervention services. With their matters resolved, clients move seamlessly to capacity building services through our holistic programs designed to transition individuals and families to self-sufficiency.
● Our Legal Services, Social Services and Weatherization programs meet community members’ basic needs including legal representation in immigration related matters, housing, financial services and health related matters.
● Our Community Organizing program empowers residents to collectively secure long term and larger scale improvements to their basic needs.
● Our Education & Career Services program imparts individual community members with the practical tools necessary to build secure and prosperous futures.
Job Title: Reporting Assistant
Department: Legal Services
Reports To: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Location: Main Office: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10033
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Reporting Assistant will assist in the monitoring and maintenance of reporting structures and contribute to contract and report development. In collaboration with Reporting Unit staff, this position will monitor data capture in ClientTrack and assist with data entry into external reporting systems in accordance with funder requirements. The Reporting Assistant will collaborate with program and reporting staff to ensure that all data entry is executed on or before specified due dates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of grant and reporting systems across all Legal, Organizing and Domestic Violence grants.
- Assist in the development of deliverable summaries as well as other reporting-related documents for program staff and leadership.
- Assist in development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of systems for the timely and efficient administration of performance-based grants and contracts.
- Develop knowledge of reporting capabilities of ClientTrack, NMIC’s proprietary database, and use it to pull programmatic and data reports to determine performance against contracts as well as inform agency decision-making.
- Assist with data entry on a variety of funder databases.
Additional related responsibilities may be assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of and experience with program evaluation and data systems.
- Program experience in the areas of housing, public benefits and/or consumer debt preferred.
- Highly detail-oriented, flexible and organized.
- Excellent multitasking skills for a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently, while maintaining a high degree of motivation.
- Exceptional collaborative skills and the ability to interact with other office staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to proactively seek help when needed.
NMIC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements. A combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise.
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive and generous benefits package: medical, dental, life, and disability insurance are included; paid time off, including 20 vacation days, 15 sick days, 5 personal days, and 12 agency holidays; a 401k with agency contribution; and other benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following to the attention of Ambrosia Kaui at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line:
• Cover letter
• One writing sample
All attachments should be in word or PDF form.
No phone calls, please.