205 Church St. Suite 200
Operation Groundswell is a non-profit organization that offers travel, community service, and educational experiences around the world. Our aim is to build a community of “backpacktivists” – ethical travelers that are socially, environmentally, and politically aware of their impact in the communities they travel to and live in.
Each year we receive thousands of applications for our programs, and it is our goal to provide personalized support to these applicants as they make their way through the application process and continue on to become backpacktivists! We are seeking a Participant Support Coordinator to act as the “front door” of the organization, ensuring that applicants and participants always find the answers to the important questions, and are equipped with all the tools and information they need to have the best possible OG experience!
At OG you’ll have the chance to work with a bright, young, and fun staff who are deeply passionate about what we do. We’re looking for someone who loves to travel, whose values are aligned with our mission, and who knows how to be serious about the job while never forgetting how to have fun!
Duties and Responsibilities
The Participant Support Coordinator will:
- Field phone calls and general emails to OGHQ, answering questions, providing information, and redirecting inquiries to other staff as needed.
- Adjust invoices and provide payment due date extensions; follow up on overdue program deposits.
- Ensure that participants are provided with all necessary pre-program communications and forms.
- Support participants through the program prep process and collect completed forms and information, following up on late submissions where required.
- Provide support and training to regional administrative staff regarding participant and program admin.
- Book and track flights and insurance for our regional staff and program leaders, maintain program leader compensation database, collect payment information and process expense reports.
- Upload and collate program-related data.
- Sort and process incoming mail, cheques, and other payments.
- Provide general office administrative support (greeting visitors, calendar maintenance, ordering office supplies, etc.)
- Help to keep the OG office running smoothly, and work to ensure that applicants and participants feel supported and valued as unique individuals.
The Participant Support Coordinator will be:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Operation Groundswell’s unique perspective on ethical travel and responsible volunteering.
- An empathetic and tactful communicator who’s able to orient yourself towards the needs of the person you’re speaking to.
- Articulate when writing and speaking. Words come easily to you.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and focused. You’re ready to take on many tasks at once without compromising attention to quality.
- Proactive. You don’t like to be idle.
- Technologically literate. Your relatives and neighbors have been calling you a computer whiz since you were three feet tall!
- Positive and resilient. You don’t mind answering a question for the third time. Or the three-hundredth.
This is a full time position out of our office in downtown Toronto. The anticipated start date is April 16, 2018. Annual compensation will be between $30,000-36,000 – commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to our Finance Director, Shannon Greer. Use the subject line “FirstName_LastName_ParticipantSupportCoordinator” and direct your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close on March 16, 2018.