540 Orange Street
The Associate Teacher position is intended to provide an opportunity for novice teachers to grow while supporting instruction. The goal of this position is to provide additional instructional support while preparing Associates to lead their own classrooms.
- Exemplify, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision and core values of the school
- Teach and reinforce all school-wide expectations, systems, and routines
- Work with an experienced classroom teacher, whenever possible, to teach the designed curriculum so that all students reach the grade level expectations
- Lead small group reading and math instruction
- Meet with grade level co-teachers to discuss and reflect upon weekly objectives and monthly themes
- Analyze data and student performance in order to provide academic intervention
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Observe lead teachers for best practices
- Participate in peer observations
- Plan and implement Science and/or Social Studies lessons
- Additional responsibilities may arise during the school year. They will be communicated to all employees with as much notice and flexibility as possible.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Firm belief in the ability of all students to achieve at high levels, and high expectations for low-income children to become college ready and attend selective universities.
- New Jersey teacher certification or certificate of eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience teaching in an urban environment, with demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, particularly with parents and community members.
- Self-reflective and analytical problem solver
- Openness to feedback, willingness to take personal responsibility, and a desire to learn from others
- Unwavering in pursuit of excellence even in the face of difficult opposition and challenges
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates wishing to apply should send a resume and cover letter explaining the basis of their interest and relevant experience to https://www.applitrack.com/rosevillecharter/onlineapp/