1225 I Street NW Suite 1000
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC is currently seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to support the activities of the Early Childhood Initiative. The Initiative is focused on creating a more comprehensive and sustained approach to improving the quality of care for young children. We are actively engaged on a number of key issues including paid leave, financing of early care and education and parental engagement. The Senior Policy Analyst will report to Linda Smith, Director Early Childhood Initiative.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Primary responsibility for planning and executing project meetings, roundtables and conferences
· Responsible for specific project work streams, including developing work plan, organizing and managing key principals, outreach to stakeholders, developing written and visual materials, etc.
· Primary responsibility for specific assigned project work products, including reports, white papers, issue briefs, blogs, fact sheets, op-eds, and memos
· Primary responsibility for outreach and relationship management of commissioners, task force members, key stakeholders and others.
· Work with the BPC development team to ensure that all development related collateral is accurate, well drafted and timely.
· Participate in the public communication of the project, through podcasts, Facebook Live events and other venues
· Assist with donor maintenance as assigned
· Oversee work products of junior team members including assigning specific research and writing assignments and editing work products.
· Manage project interns
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 4+ years of relevant experience
· Strong research and organizational skills required
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations
· Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
· Medical coverage through CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield (health, vision, Rx & dental) with choice of open access HMO or PPO plan. HMO offered at no cost to employee and family and PPO offered with 20% premium cost-share
· Long term and short term disability insurance plan
· Group life insurance coverage up to $100,000 paid by employer
· After one year of employment, an employer match on employee contributions to 403(b) retirement plan up to a maximum 5% of salary matched on biweekly basis.
· Flexible Spending Plan for eligible health care and dependent care expenses
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield administered by Magellan Health Services
· 3 weeks vacation, 2 personal days, 8 sick days, and 11 holidays
· Metro benefits or on-site parking subsidy up to $130 per month
· Education benefits up to $2,500 towards credits in a matriculated program after one year of employment
· Up to $2,000 in professional development funds annually after six months of employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Senior Policy Analyst, Early Childhood Initiative, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.