The New York Foundling is one of the community’s largest and longest-standing nonprofits, and is dedicated to nurturing the safety, well-being, and supportive relationships that each person needs to reach their full potential. Our story begins in 1869, when we were founded by the Sisters of Charity as a home for abandoned babies. Since then, we have evolved with the needs of the community into a leading provider of services to over 30,000 children, youth, adults, and families each year throughout New York City; Rockland, Westchester, and Orange counties; and Puerto Rico.
The Foundling’s programs are focused on individuals and families at the intersection of multiple disadvantages, both economic and social, and address complex needs in a comprehensive, holistic, and person-centered way. Our work embodies a results-driven approach to our most central goal: to empower underserved children and families to live healthy, independent, and fulfilling lives.
- Supervise, train and develop a team of Case Planners.
- Responsible for meeting weekly with Case Planners to review caseloads and case activities (i.e., client service compliance, FASP completion and completion of service plan review conferences, progress notes, permanency hearing reports, etc.).
- Ensure that all required contacts are made, monitor that all family and sibling visits are occurring in accordance with ACS regulations.
- Monitor foster homes compliance in accordance with recertification worker. Assure safety of the foster homes.
- Cover unassigned caseloads during caseworker vacancies.
- Participate in SPR's, 30 day and 72 hour conferences and intra agency programs.
- Attend court hearings, TPR's, court extensions, fair hearings and assigned meetings
- MSW required.
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in child welfare. Experience with CONNECTIONS and other case management databases.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Minimum Education Required