TSNE (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Communication and Marketing Manager's primary responsibility is to develop and maintain an informative and positive public image for TSNE by promoting its mission, services, programs, and projects both internally and externally through public relations, marketing, and outreach efforts. As the lead member of the Communications Team, this position works closely with the Assistant Communications and Marketing Manager to develop, maintain, and implement a marketing and communications platform that is reflective of the organization's brand strategy and vision, create and develop internal and external communication plans and materials, develop and manage communication campaigns, manage the departmental budget, and plan and execute special events.
Communications, Content, and Brand Management
- Develop and implement the marketing and communications plan;
- Partner with organizational leadership and others to develop, implement, and maintain an internal communications strategy;
- Create, edit, and produce content and resources for use across multiple channels including written content for editorials, blogs, presentations, white papers, infographics and other materials as required;
- Coach and support content providers to ensure content is aligned with TSNE's brand position;
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar;
- Ensure that all external communication and brand platforms are well managed and up to date;
- Ensure brand identity is maintained through all key messaging;
- Design and implement marketing and outreach campaigns that increase awareness of TSNE's brand and program portfolio;
- Lead efforts to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives in collaboration with appropriate departments, including consideration of analytics and KPI;
- Ensure that branding, messaging, and marketing assets are included for TSNE events and activities;
- Promote a positive relationship with clients (internal and external) and understand that excellent service delivery is the number one priority of TSNE;
- Ensure that social media platforms are utilized and monitored for sources and trends;
- Manage the department and event/activities budgets;
- Develop and monitor KPIs across channels; and design processes and standards to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of specific communications campaigns and efforts;
- Work closely with partner organizations and groups to ensure marketing and collateral materials are developed for joint activities, programs, and events.
Media and Public Relations
- Maintain media contact lists and relationships with targeted media;
- Design and execute media relations activities;
- Monitor external news media channels and report on key issues related to TSNE programs and services;
- Ensure the composition and release of press releases, op-eds, talking points, briefings, and updates for the CEO, media, the public, and other audiences.
Event Design, Production and Management
- Plan, organize, execute, and manage all aspects of event activities (conferences, conventions, galas, meetings, networking, fundraising, workshops, among others) from preplanning to post-event including: identification of facilities, communication and outreach, staffing plans, development of layout, graphics, presentations, dayof execution and post-event analysis.
- Engage and lead key stakeholders in event planning and event content development;
- Ensure the event collateral provides clear value propositions for clients, prospects, and other stakeholders;
- Develop sponsorship programs and ensure that outreach partnerships for events promotion are secured.
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.Qualifications
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- A minimum of six years of agency and/or internal public relations, communications and/or marketing experience;
- Experience in nonprofit communications;
- Strong media relations experience;
- Strong writing, proofreading (AP style), verbal and written communication skills and documented accomplishments and experience;
- Project management experience, preferred;
- Prior supervisory experience, preferred;
- Ability to work independently in an organized, proactive and creative manner, while at the same time, collaborating with other resources and staff;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and workloads across varied programs and services;
- Experience working with a range of digital and social media tools and platforms, along with strong presentation software skills (PowerPoint or similar), database and CRM tools (Salesforce or similar) and research skills in public relations platforms (Cision, Quora or similar systems);
- Experience with design software such as Abode Creative Suite is highly desired;
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and promoting diversity, inclusion and equity in all communications, both internally and externally;
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs, and personalities, and as well, to develop and promote culturally sensitive communications.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be performed at our main office (89 South St. Boston, MA 02111). Work is eligible for some remote work.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $92,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim;
- Low-cost Guardian Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- ...and more!
TSNE envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/7ezZLoHrqWPXHeAGH75LY" />