418 South Washington Street
Established, lauded, and loved community-based education nonprofit with more than 70 years of service to the City of Alexandria seeks a Development Specialist to bring new ideas, positive energy, and measurable impact to our Development Department. Are you an innovative self-starter with a steel trap mind and a heart of gold? The Campagna Center needs you!
We’re looking for someone who:
· has epic aha moments. You’re a smart cookie who loves solving puzzles, finding efficiencies, and keeping current on industry best practices. And you know how to use data to back your ideas and endeavors.
· can walk and chew gum at the same time. You’re a nimble-brained wonder who can handle multiple projects at once, giving each the attention to detail needed to find success. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can keep that can-do attitude, even under pressure.
· throws only a-list parties. You know what a great party looks like and you know what it takes to make it all look like a piece of (fabulous) cake.
· plays nice. From donor stewardship to collegial exchanges, you want to be helpful and you take pleasure in helping others feel valued.
what you’ll do all day:
SAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU
• Promptly and accurately shepherd gifts from batching, to data entry, to donor acknowledgment.
• Maintain a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for gift processing.
• Maintain database integrity.
• Run donor data and gift reports as needed.
• Collaborate with the Finance Department on inter-departmental data reconciliations.
· Evaluate donor data and donor prospect information to help shape solicitation strategy.
· Alongside the Chief Development Officer, plan, orchestrate, and evaluate fundraising events, including Oktoberfest in October, the Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend in December, and the Bright Futures Benefit in June.
· Spearhead event night-of activities, including volunteers, check-in and check-out, and set-up and clean-up.
MAKE NEW FRIENDS
· Act as the first point of contact for donors and potential donors.
· Liaise between TCC and the members of the Junior Friends and Supporting Friends, TCC’s volunteer fundraising groups.
· Manage and grow TCC’s monthly donor portfolio.
· Manage TCC’s workplace giving campaigns.
· Build donor trust through consistent and meaningful engagement.
· Maintain a cordial and professional demeanor with donors, volunteers, and colleagues.
· Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of donor transactions.
· Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, and/or the President and Chief Executive Officer.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FIRST DAY:
· Two or more years working in the Development office of a community-based nonprofit.
· Two or more years working in the Raiser’s Edge database.
· Experience with data extraction and analysis.
· Extremely proficient in Excel.
· Able to multi-task and problem solve.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Able to manage time efficiently.
· Demonstrate close attention to detail.
· Congenial disposition.
· Able to flex schedule when needed.
· Able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
· Must thrive in a fast-pace environment.
READY TO ROCK N ROLL?
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no calls.
This Development Specialist position is full-time, (40 hours per week). Employee benefits include paid annual and sick leave, health benefits, and paid holidays.
This position is open until filled. Candidate information will be reviewed as it is received. The Campagna Center is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about The Campagna Center at www.campagnacenter.org.
Minimum Education Required