Details: non-exempt, hourly, full time
6435 Frankstown Avenue
Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest and most effective provider of Integrated Student Services (ISS), which surrounds students with a community of support to empower them to stay in school and achieve in life. Our unique, evidenced based model positions site coordinators inside schools to mobilize community resources and deliver them directly to struggling students. A hybrid of education, social service and community outreach, we address both academic and non-academic barriers to learning to help students succeed in school.
Position Overview: The administrative assistant provides functional administrative support to the Director of Development, the Executive Director, the Finance Manager and the program staff of CIS.
Qualifications: Along with a passion for serving at-risk youth from diverse populations the successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and at least 2 years of experience in an administrative support role and will exhibit the following skills and abilities:
- excellent communication skills
- proficiency in computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and internet usage
- Highly organized and efficient worker
- Previous experience developing efficient processes
- Support to Executive Director:
- Provides administrative support to board of directors including:
- Sends timely notices to board of up-coming meetings
- Maintains accurate board membership records including contact information and keeps track of term limits
- Supports the preparation and dissemination of materials for board meetings
- Takes minutes at all board meetings and coordinates committee meetings as needed
- Supports current and future accreditation requirements for TQS and the Sanctuary Model of Trauma Informed Care
- Scheduling of meetings with outside entities as needed
- Support to Director of Development:
- Assists with a wide variety of development, communications and advocacy activities, including but not limited to, news releases, online material (social media and website updates), reports, prospect research, briefing materials and event planning and coordination.
- Responsible for timely and accurate gift booking.
- Maintains the constituent database including accurately coding donors and prospects, pulling and compiling lists, ensuring integration between the database and the CIS online presence (both email and website) and ensures database information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Supports fundraising and stewardship of grants, sponsorships and individual donations.
- Supports DOD as liaison to the External Affairs Committee
- Site Coordinator support – Provide assistance to remote site coordinators including but not limited to:
- Provide data entry support to site coordinators using CISDM 2.0
- Maintaining and regularly updating Milly, our CIS intranet.
- Maintaining an efficient system to order and disseminate supplies including but not limited to, office supplies, CIS promotional materials and food for events
- Supports meeting preparation for provider collaborations
- Maintains accurate contact lists and records of all community providers
- General Office support – provide day-to-day support to management team including but not limited to:
- Light phone work (answer phones and distribute voice mail messages)
- General filing
- Scheduling meetings and travel as needed
- Ensure all office equipment is in good working order
- Maintains needed office supplies
General CIS Responsibilities
- Clearly and consistently represents CIS in all aspects of job delivery to help promote CIS, our values and mission
- Participates in designated site implementation and all staff meetings
- Participates in full board meetings
- Provide culturally competent and trauma informed service to all students, families, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Paid Time Off (PTO), Health/Vision/Dental with a portion of employee premium covered by CIS, Disability & Life; IRA plan with potential for CIS match; merit based performance evaluation.
Minimum Education Required