Full Time Temporary
557 East Fordham Road
LIBERTY PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAM
SUMMER ENRICHMENT INSTRUCTOR ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE OF POSITION: LIBERTY PARTNERSHIPS PRE-COLLEGE
SUMMER QUEST ENRICHMENT INSTRUCTOR (5 WEEK PROGRAM)
DEPARTMENT:THE LIBERTY PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAM
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SERVICE
The Fordham Liberty Partnerships Program seeks energetic and highly qualified Enrichment Instructors to conduct our Math, ELA, or Science, Technology or Engineering classes during our Summer Quest Pre-college Program. Each Enrichment instructor will be responsible for teaching no more than 25 rising 6th through 8th or 9th through 12th grade students per class.
As an LPP Summer Quest Instructor, you will have the opportunity to teach an academic curriculum in a fun and exciting way all while on a beautiful college campus. We strongly encourage our instructors to explore alternative ways of teaching marked by enthusiasm, engagement and creativity for both you and our students.
Summer Quest Program runs Monday, July 9th to Thursday, August 9th, 2018. Hours are 8:30AM until 12:00 PM Monday through Wednesday. Instructors will be paid at $44/per hour. Opportunites to run afternoon electives may be available. Spots are limited.
• Certification in content area of Middle or High school level ELA and/or Math or Science required
• Master’s degree required or credits toward the completion of a Master’s degree preferred
• Specific experience in teaching fun and engaging middle or high school level core subject areas during the summer or afterschool programs a plus.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to foster an active learning classroom through the integration of a project based curriculum aligned with common core standards
• Proven experience incorporating technology, primary source materials, and cultural enrichment into your lesson plans to promote cooperative learning between students and instructors
Enrichment Instructor Responsibilities:
• Prepare creative, hands-on, interactive, and engaging project based lesson plans and curriculum submitted weekly to the LPP administrator for review
• Create and implement pre and post assessments for each assigned student
• Use a variety of instructional materials, resources, and experiences to enrich student learning, with an emphasis on incorporating college/career readiness themes and skills
• Attend all staff meetings
• Responsible for making sure classroom and materials are set up and ready before the start of every class
• Provide a list of materials needed (budget to be provided by Program Director) prior to the start of Summer Quest program
• Prepare students for performances or presentations, portfolio as appropriate
• Submit examples of student work to be included in portfolios to summer coordinator and LPP administrators
• Make sure classrooms are left clean and that supplies are boxed, labeled, and stored in an appropriate space daily
• Consult the LPP Administration regarding students who exhibit behavioral and/or emotional difficulties in the classroom. Work collaboratively with the Program Director and the to develop appropriate behavior plans as needed
• Document an incident report for any behavioral or medical issues that need to be followed up by the LPP administrators
• Ability to effectively manage a classroom of 20-25 students.
• Monitor student progress and needs as appropriate
• Program staff to drive collaboration and program success
• Maintain accurate attendance and sign in information for youth participants
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying for an enrichment position, please send a cover letter and resume to Diane Ode, firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject please indicate ELA , SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING or MATH ENRICHMENT INSTRUCTOR. Deadline for application is Wednesday, June 1, 2018.
If called for an interview you must bring the following:
· One week (3 days) of lesson plans and a draft curriculum outline of the subsequent four weeks
· A sample assessment rubric for your curriculum outline complete with expected objectives and outcomes
Minimum Education Required