9518 Richmond Highway
The Director of Development is responsible for coordinating and implementing all fund development efforts to support the organization's mission, including special events and appeals; as well as working to ensure ongoing and strategic communication with donors, volunteers, community stakeholders and the media.
This position has responsibilities related to special events coordination, individual giving, community outreach, grant writing, planning and communications, working in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Bachelor's degree with at least three to five years of special event and development experience, including managing donor database, direct mail appeals, special event development and management.
• Proven experience with grant writing for community based organizations is a plus.
• Superb organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks and balance competing priorities.
• Able to work independently yet also be an excellent team player.
• Understanding and respectful of the confidential nature of development and donor information.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Passionate about LCAC's mission and programming.
• Enjoy working with people and value the role of volunteers in a small nonprofit.
• Superb working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms and Constant Contact.
This position is a 40 hour per week non-exempt position with benefits.
Salary is commensurate with experience. LCAC offers PTO, a 403(b) plan and health benefits (shared cost between employee and LCAC).
No phone calls or recruiters.
LCAC is an equal opportunity employer.
LCAC offers PTO, a 403(b) plan and health benefits (shared cost between employee and LCAC).
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate must be fluent in English, both in writing and spoken communication.
Minimum Education Required