Details: Commnensurate with experience and qualifications; including paid time off.
100 South Broad Street
Women Against Abuse is currently recruiting for a Part Time Recruiter!
Women Against Abuse serves 15,000 individuals annually through its emergency safe havens (2 – 100 bed safe havens), transitional housing, legal services, hotline counseling, behavioral healthcare, community education and advocacy programs. The mission of WAA is to provide quality, compassionate and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education. We recently became officially certified in the Sanctuary Model ® (evidence-supported, trauma-informed organizational change approach to establishing an organizational culture that promotes healing, safety and empowerment for both clients and staff).
Summary of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruiting and hiring employees in support of organization mission and goals. This includes implementing sourcing and recruiting strategies; conducting interviews (primarily phone but some in person); working in partnership with hiring managers to provide guidance, support and recommendations on candidates for interview and hire, while ensuring efficiency in time to hire; implementing tracking systems to monitor the recruiting systems; conducting pre-employment references; coordinating and communicating to candidates and applicants throughout the recruitment process; begin the process for on-boarding for new hires; assist with facilitating new hire orientation; work collaboratively and communicate with other departments to ensure smooth operations; making recommendations on any recruiting, interviewing, testing and selection procedure improvements to the Human Resources Supervisor. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and vision and according to Agency standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or may consider equivalent education & experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience recruiting/sourcing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HR recruiting processes and practices (i.e., compensation, EEO laws, interviewing skills, sourcing strategies, etc), required.
- Demonstrated proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint, etc.., required.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize time and detail, including keeping of records.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
- Previous experience in a human services or non-profit organization is preferred.
- Will be required to attend 45 hours of Domestic Violence Training, post hire.
- Employment offer and continued employment are contingent upon satisfactory child abuse, criminal, FBI clearances and TB Test required (all related fees will be paid by WAA).
Schedule: 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Comprehensive and very generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required