Prep for Prep develops leaders from under-represented communities through access to a superior education and life-changing opportunities. Since 1978, Prep has identified New York City’s most able students of color through a highly selective admissions process and, following 14 months of rigorous academic preparation, placed them at leading independent schools in the City and boarding schools throughout the Northeast. Once placed, Prep offers its students a sense of community, peer support, critical post-placement services, and a host of leadership development opportunities through college graduation. The results are compelling: more Prep students have graduated from Harvard than any other institution, and over 90% of Prep’s 2,694 college graduates have earned degrees from the most competitive colleges in the country; nearly 40% have graduated from Ivy League schools. They are emerging leaders in every field from business and law, to education and the arts, to science and medicine. Prep shares its best practices with like-minded organizations through an initiative called Smart Connections. Through Smart Connections, Prep has impacted over 250,000 students around the world, including in Argentina, India, and South Africa.
Prep’s $10 million annual operating budget is raised each year from private sources, including from its very generous 60-member Board of Trustees. Prep has 60 full-time employees as well as part-time school year and full-time summer faculty who teach our Preparatory Component classes. Prep is based on the Upper West Side of Manhattan with brownstone offices on West 71st Street and West 91st Street. Prep also makes extensive use of rental space at Trinity School and other schools in the vicinity.
The Director of Operations reports to the Vice President for Administration.
This position requires a Tuesday through Saturday schedule during the school year and a Monday through Friday schedule during the summer.
- Leading, executing, and troubleshooting all aspects of operations and logistics that support the summer and school-year programs and events, including two summer Commencements.
- Partnering with Executive Staff and colleagues across departments to plan and coordinate space needs and manage all aspects of logistics.
- Developing a process for finding rental space as well as proactively searching for rental space for summer and school-year programs.
- Building strong and ongoing relationships with Operations/Facilities staff at Independent School partners and event venues (e.g. churches for Commencement).
- Negotiating and facilitating contract execution for space rentals.
- Supervising and mentoring the Facilities Manager and related tasks for two office locations, including maintenance of facilities and equipment as well as support of meetings and events.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring a full-time staff: Facilities Manager and two Receptionists as well as a part-time Operations Support team and evening/weekend Receptionists. Anticipating staffing needs and planning/hiring accordingly.
- Managing budgets for Facilities and Operations.
- Assisting Vice President for Administration with additional projects as needed.
- Bachelors of Arts and a minimum of 5-7+ years of experience in event planning, youth services program management, school operations or relevant position a plus.
- A self-starter with demonstrated management experience, the ability to lead and be hands-on as necessary as well as patient and even-tempered.
- Comfortable working with Executive-level management.
- Budget management experience required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, meeting critical deadlines and following projects through to completion.
- Proactive, takes initiative, and plans ahead to complete projects with little supervision.
- Able to manage multiple high-priority projects independently, effectively, and with a sense-of-urgency.
- Very resourceful with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, anticipating potential issues and recommending effective solutions.
- Strong, effective, and respectful communicator with the ability to build relationships as well as collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Dependable and reliable, demonstrating accountability by consistently serving as a responsible and trusted team player.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Director of Operations” to:
Minimum Education Required