1525 Newton Street Northwest
District of Columbia
THRIVE DC provides meals, crisis assistance, employment training, and comprehensive support services to homeless and low-income men, women, and children in downtown Washington, DC. THRIVE DC”s mission is to provide a safe, stable, and welcoming environment in which a person can have his or her immediate needs met and be given the support, services, and opportunity need to reach his or her full potential.
Job Title: Reentry Employment Case Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Reentry/ Workforce Development Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
(Required): Bachelor’s degree in a social work or similar human services field. 2 or more years of related experience in a community-based, nonprofit setting. Positive communication and interpersonal skills; strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team; enthusiasm, sense of humor, creativity, flexibility, and patience. Ability to work in intense emotionally charged situations and to model constant patience and calm in a sometimes-chaotic environment.
(Preferred): 3 or more years of direct social service experience preferably in the area of reentry ; knowledge of and experience with workforce development strategies; reentry and homeless services in DC; previous experience working in the area of workforce development, employment readiness with persons with serious and persistent mental illness. Crisis management, job development, reentry mental health experience a plus. Proficiency in Spanish Language a plus
- Conduct outreach to clients to engage them in services that will help them obtain gainful employment after incarceration, particularly employment readiness related activities
- Conduct intakes and assessments tor provide individual counseling and case management for individuals in our Workforce Development/reentry programs
- Provide information and referrals to THRIVE DC clients and serve as their advocate in the community.
- Design and facilitate groups in support of employment, education and other rehabilitation goals for THRIVE DC clients.
- Provide support to trainees in THRIVE DC’s Real Opportunity Employment Training Program.
- Coordinate and conduct employment readiness workshops for clients participating in Thrive DC Workforce Development activities.
- Data entry into Workforce Development/Reentry databases
- Maintain client records, including intakes and referral and outcome tracking, and help manage program supplies and track inventory.
- Strengthen relationships with community service providers and employers to facilitate placements of clients into employment opportunities.
- Work with fellow staff members to help develop new resources and programs for clients.
- Deal with conflict in a manner that produces positive results and maintain a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Have the ability and willingness to do occasional physical labor including lifting, carrying, cleaning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive Benefit package
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please submit a resume, salary requirements and/or salary history, and detailed cover letter describing why you are interested in the position. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.